PDA

View Full Version : Ganz nette Grüße aus Deutschland

adam
16-05-2013, 10:23 PM
Welcome Helmut to our Forum. Our first German member.

Helmut's a bit shy about his English, so he's asked me to post some pics of his scratch builds.

And, thanks to my dodgy German (and Google Translate) here's his message:

I specialize in the construction of replica guitars. In particular, the models of Gibson. I try to come as close as possible to the originals of the old models through selection of wood and hardware.
I am sending you some pictures for the community.
There is a newly finished Explorer Mahogany Body and Neck
Gibson Classic 57 Humbucker 22 Frets and 12 inch radius.
All guitars are glued with a long neck body connection.
Then an image of a fabricated 58 Gibson Explorer (I think he meant to say Flying V) Korina in Black.
All parts are handmade. I only use the machine for the Gibson in the years 1958-1970. Right now I'm working on a Flying V Custom in White Mahogany. Pictured here.
I would be delighted to hear from you.
Very nice greetings from Germany
Helmut

http://pitbullguitars.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/4ui8g-Helmut-Explorer-Replica.jpg
http://pitbullguitars.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/ie9f0-Helmut-Flying-V-Replica.jpg
http://pitbullguitars.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/95110-Helmut-Binding.jpg

Nice work Helmut.

pablopepper
17-05-2013, 01:14 AM
Willkommen Helmut! :) Ihre Gitarren sind sehr schön.

Please excuse my probably awful syntax, it's been a few years. :P

adam
17-05-2013, 11:39 AM
Deine Deutsche ist sehr gut, Pablo. Habst du schon einmal in Deutschland gewesen?

dingobass
17-05-2013, 01:06 PM
Hi Helmut, welcome to the Pit Bull family.
Please don't be shy about your English :)

pablopepper
17-05-2013, 09:11 PM
Honestly Adam, my German is awful these days. I've never been, but it was my favourite subject at high school (all those years back) and my uncle lived in Germany/Austria in the 80s and 90s, so we occasionally have chats the rest of the family can't understand. I understand it a whole lot better than I speak it though, I can comfortably watch a German film and understand 75% of what's being said.

Brendan
17-05-2013, 10:11 PM
Helmut, as you can see, your English would be a whole lot better than our German, besides, most of us are Aussies, who apparently can't speak English either ;-) .

PS nice job on the scratchbuilts. Something for many of us to dream of achieving...

Vintagefan64
18-05-2013, 06:13 AM
Hello Brendan,
danke für das kompliment
Ich versuche so gut wie möglich in englisch zu schreiben
Die Gemeinschaft hier ist großartig
Ich habe mir sehr viele Gitarren hier in der gemeinschaft angesehen.
Es sind sehr schöne Gitarren dabei. ich habe vor Jahren auch mit Guitar Kits begonnen .
Doch irgendwann versucht man den hals und körper selber zu produzieren.
Das wichtigste beim bau einer Gitarre ist das einstellen von Hals, Tonabnehmer und saitenlage. das verleimen und sauber ausgeführte Übergänge und Bindings.
Sparen sie nicht bei der Elektronik aber erwarten sie keine Wunder von teuren Tonabnehmern. Die übertragen nur was die Gitarre abgibt. Ich habe die Erfahrung das die Tonabnhehmer bei Guitar Kits gut sind. Investieren sie in guten Mechaniken.
Prodúzieren sie einen guten sattel.
Lernen sie diese Dinge bei den Guitar Kits !!!!
Keep on rockin and enjoy your Hobby
Helmut

Vintagefan64
18-05-2013, 06:14 AM
Now in Englisch:
Hello Brendan
thanks for the compliment
I try as much as possible to write in english
The community here is great
I've looked at a lot of guitars here in the community.
There are very nice guitars there. I started years ago with Guitar kits.
But at some point, one tries to produce the neck and body itself.
The most important thing when building a guitar is set neck, pickups and strings situation. the glue and clean design of transitions and bindings.
But not save them in the electronics they do not expect miracles from expensive pickups. The only transfer what gives the guitar. I have the experience that the Tonabnhehmer on Guitar kits are good. They invest in good mechanics.
Produce a good saddle.
They learn these things at the Guitar Kits!!
Keep on rockin and enjoy your hobby
Helmut