PDA

View Full Version : Customer Service at PitBull

Brendan
15-05-2013, 11:03 AM
Just wanted to put something up for anyone considering a PitBull guitar. To date my experience in acquiring and setting up my bass has been awesome. Adam and the two Phils have been spot on in looking after me, ensuring that things were posted when they said that they would and providing top level support. I can't rave enough about how good it is...

Case in point - Sunday night - my bad - getting excited about ordering Wudtone for the bass and forget to order the neck stain. D'oh - drop a line to DB (hoping for something the next day) and get a response that night. DB has contacted Adam and has sorted it all out. Sweet. Then get home today and it's all arrived! While I think its unfair to expect a couple of guys to be constantly monitoring email & the forum, experience has shown that they are very responsive and helpful.

I will admit that Adam was a work colleague in a past life, but from what I can see I don't think I am being singled out for "special" treatment - it seems my experience is fairly common...

How have other's gone?

GlennGP
15-05-2013, 11:48 AM
Similar experience here, Brendan. I had some early problems with my first kit which were rectified swiftly and professionally by the Pitbull guys. I have continued to enjoy great customer service and really can't fault this aspect of the business. Keep it up, fellas!

Gavin1393
15-05-2013, 12:17 PM
Echo the above! Service is excellent and any questions sent regarding kits or prospective purchases of a kit or Wudtone is always answered by Adam and Phil(DB) on the same day. Phil (not DB) does a sensational job in sending out the kits right away. Its great to know that any order you put in will arrive in a couple of days (because I am local)!
I often have people asking me why the kits are so cheap and there is an expectation that the kits must therefore be nasty. This is so far from the truth. For this reason, we often encourage any firsttime builders to build the kits as they are without comtemplating "upgrades" or alternatives as they may be pleasantly surprised with what they get.
The thing that surprises me most though, is that people don't often quantify the value of the support and encouragement they get from the forum. Perhaps, the reason for this is they buy the guitar kit and then discover the forum. Personally, i think the kits are essentially free, in fact you are being paid to take them away, because the guitar building courses will cost around $2750! There is no charge for any of this. It is given for free by the passionate members on the forum, and the lessons learned will hopefully inspire a hobby of lutherie that will provide enjoyment for years to come.
Adam and his Pitbull team deserve a lot of credit for the vision that has created this epic journey of discovery and new found enjoyment of lutherie that so many of us are experiencing.
Thanks lads!

WeirdBits
15-05-2013, 01:01 PM
Yep, all of the above and more. Great team, great proactive service, fantastic products and prices, and an awesome community. Of course, the downside is the addictive nature of this hobby - all that's missing is Adam giving away the first taste for free...

adam
15-05-2013, 02:04 PM
Thanks for the kind words fellas, really appreciated.

stui
15-05-2013, 10:34 PM
Agree with all of the above. I had an issue with my Wudtone going MIA in the post. My email was responded to on the same day and the problem was rectified immediately. Can't speak highly enough of the professionalism of Adam and the two Phils.

keloooe
15-05-2013, 11:14 PM
When Adam sent me my LP-1, he emailed me a few days after and asked me of I received it, I hadn't, so we were both fairly confused, so Adam contacted Phil W and we found the problem, which was a de-railed train :P !!!
2 days later, it was in my room and I made a massive mess of my bed :D

Awesome CS here guys, expect me to be here for a looooonnngggg time being a pest!!!

AJ
16-05-2013, 12:14 AM
The Pitbull Team are passionate about their business, this comes across via their actions providing outstanding support and service second to none, I cannot speak highly enough of the lasting impressions I have formed in the short time I have been a customer and forum member.

wokkaboy
16-05-2013, 02:41 AM
Yes I totally agree with everyone's comments on this forum, pat on the back Adam and the 2 Phil's, we've been very happy with the service and the value of these kits. We've ordered 14 kits now and it does get addictive. Keep up the good work Pitbull team and its always a pleasure interacting, giving and receiving advice on the forum. We are all a big family.

cheers Wokka

adam
16-05-2013, 08:46 AM
14 kits Wokka? Careful, we'll be around for an intervention if this continues. But thanks for all the business!

Gavin1393
16-05-2013, 09:46 AM
Wokka! Help is at hand!

Www.GAS-anonymous.com.au

Been attending myself for about the last 18 months!

wokkaboy
16-05-2013, 12:12 PM
Haha Yer might need help Gav. Some of the strat kits we used for scratch bodies but I counted the photo folders and 4D have bought 14 kits since September 2012 and probably 10 or so wudtone kits. actually maybe we ordered more I'll do a recount. Anyway we've had a ball building these kits

keloooe
16-05-2013, 09:00 PM
Wow Wok, that's a lot of kits you guys have built :P
I still have about 10ish kits that I still want to build!!!!

wokkaboy
16-05-2013, 11:08 PM
I did a count on pitbull necks this morning and underestimated. We have in fact ordered 17 kits. Can anyone beat that? Haha. Gav please book us into GAS anonymous