PDA

View Full Version : Hi from James

Walrus
15-05-2013, 09:48 AM
Gday guys, James here from Melbourne.

I'm awaiting delivery of an ST-1, for my first foray into building. Can't wait to start the project and getting some great tips from this community.

Gavin1393
15-05-2013, 09:53 AM
Congrats on the purchase James and welcome to the forum. Our official welcoming committee will no doubt arrive shortly and will be delighted to discover you are from his home state!

dingobass
15-05-2013, 10:11 AM
Welcome to the Family James!

My advice to all new builders is Take it SLOW :)

Don't forget that the forum is here to help you get the very best out of your kit, so feel free to ask for help if you need it.

Also, start a thread in the my build section, it is a great place to get tips, encouragement and the occasional joke! :)

Brendan
15-05-2013, 10:36 AM
G'day James - hope the ST-1 goes well for you... Any plans for the colour/s?

Walrus
15-05-2013, 10:42 AM
Thanks guys, Brendan, I'll start a build thread. My early thinking is for Wudtone Amber, a natural look...too many options though!

Brendan
15-05-2013, 11:07 AM
DB has done a waxed ST-1 (which I think will be along the same colour spectrum) and I've had the joy to hold it in my grubby little hands - oooohhh - I think the colour choice is a good one (saving it for a later bass)... All the best...

robin
15-05-2013, 12:24 PM
Hi James, welcome to the madness. You will get heaps of help here, its a great community.

Just finished my first build, it was a ST-1 also. Great fun and although a bit challenging for a novice like me I ended up with a guitar that I just can't put down. I did not upgrade any parts and am totally happy with the end product.

How much did I enjoy the build? I've already started on my second build, that's how much. ;)

As everybody says, just take your time, don't rush and you will end up with an instrument you will be proud of.

rob