PDA

View Full Version : hi from brett

brett40
13-05-2013, 09:39 AM
hello all , brett here just saying hi to all online, ok just a little bit about me and why i chose to build a guitar, i will be turning 40 at the end of june and wanted something special to do, so i thought i always wanted to learn to play the guitar so i was thinking well why not build a guitar as well,,, my biggest problem now is which type of guitar do i want to build? being left handed it has limited my options but lucky my 3 favorite guitars are available,, so is it going to be a strat, tele or lp? i ruled out the lp as a first guitar because i want to go with the spalted top which will be a special order done in left hand .. so strat or tele is the choise.. im a big fan of clapton and stevie ray . so strat looks the go? wrong my favorite singer/songwriter of all time is bruce springsteen , to me a underated guitar player because he is great at fronting the e street band and his songwriting in my personal opinion over shadows everything else, so a tele? dont know yet but all goes good with the first build the other 2 guitars will get built.. so just saying hi and i have liked on facebook , so spreading the word, looking forward to dealing with adam and dingo. and hope all the guys and gals in the forums will help with all the questions i'll have over my first build...cheers brett

dingobass
13-05-2013, 09:44 AM
Hey Brett,

Welcome to the Pit Bull family!

You will find a wealth of knowledge and help here on the forum.

Enjoy the build journey :D

Brendan
13-05-2013, 10:32 AM
Brett,
Welcome along - either way, you'll do fine. Personally I think the Strat / Tele is a good choice for #1 - give you an idea of what you are getting yourself in for.
Good luck and hope it all goes well.

phloggy
13-05-2013, 11:09 AM
I got one for my 40th too! I went the tele route.

Gavin1393
13-05-2013, 11:10 AM
Welcome Brett

I am sure you will enjoy the forum. Tele is a great choice! Just ask Adam.

Looking forward to seeing the build diary!

adam
13-05-2013, 11:10 AM
Welcome aboard Brett,

I don't think you can go wrong with the ST-1 or TL-1, they're both great value. I'm constantly amazed at how good these kits can turn out. Check out Glenn's Yellow Peril TL-1 in the April Guitar of the Month comp and Gav's ST-1 in Dairy Blonde in the May comp.

Here's a close up of the Boss's Tele. I think you could get close to this with the Wudtone Goldenrod, Saffron or even Dairy Blonde (which I believe was an attempt to get that vintage honey blonde finish).

Dingo Bass is our resident Wudtone expert, so he can advise how you can get a similar look, if this is what you're after.

Boss's Tele, or is it an Esquire?
http://pitbullguitars.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/1ol2x-Boss_Tele_Fc2.jpg

Glenn's Yellow Peril
http://pitbullguitars.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/v29r6-Glenn-TL-1-2.jpg

Gav's ST-1 in Dairy Blonde
http://pitbullguitars.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/0671u-Gav-St-1.JPG

brett40
13-05-2013, 12:20 PM
love the yellow peril looks awesome, if i go the strat i want to do a bonnie rait tribute, love the dark colour. so would be dark tease with silver highlights and a aged gloss with a aged vintage yellow neck.. with the tele.well that might need some google surfing for the right look maybe the boss tele but new look not relic .. springsteens guitar is a miodified esquire in butterscotch with a black pickguard

brett40
17-05-2013, 01:10 PM
ok i placed my order for a st-1l with dark tease and vintage yellow neck ,, let the games begin

adam
17-05-2013, 01:19 PM
Hey, congratulations for taking the plunge Brett. I think you will be really impressed with the quality of our ST-1 kit. It's quite amazing what you get for a hundred bucks (thank a strong Aussie dollar!).
Make sure you start a My Build Diary so we can offer advice, ideas, etc...

brett40
23-05-2013, 06:44 AM
sweet wudtone turned up , no guitar yet , just a question how and where do i start a build diary?

wokkaboy
23-05-2013, 07:15 AM
Quote from brett40 on May 22, 2013, 15:44
sweet wudtone turned up , no guitar yet , just a question how and where do i start a build diary?

Hi Brett,
go to the main forum topics and there is a heading 'my build diary', then hit the 'new topic subscribe' button top right and put in hte subject and go for it.

best of luck