PDA

View Full Version : Message from Pit Bull Guitars HQ

adam
04-04-2013, 08:23 AM
Hey Guys,

I say "guys", 'cause, let's face it, its a bit of a sausage fest around here.

Now, is it just me or is this Forum suddenly going ballistic? I can barely keep up with all the posts.

I just want to let you know that I do read every single post, but I may not get time to respond to each one. Even though I have a senior Government job (that is currently supporting this growing business), I still get email notifications throughout the day as new messages are posted. Unfortunately, I can't reply on the forum from my phone (and nor should I, as the public is paying my wages).

Personally, I can't begin to tell you how happy I am that we've built such a flourishing community of amateur guitar builders all helping each other out (and making such incredible guitars to boot!). This is everything (and more than) I was hoping for. The fact that I scored my very own personal Luthier (and good friend) along the way is just the icing on the cake ;)

I particularly like that the Community is looking at ways at improving the site/business, like including A4 parts sheets, showing new customers exactly what parts are in the box and where they go. I hope that this project continues and I will commit to providing photoshop/printing/money or whatever is needed.

I also want to use the Community in the near future to refine the catalogue of guitar kits that we will always stock. With the next shipment, we will have almost 50 kits in the range, which is unsustainable (due to minimum order quantities, capital and warehouse space). So, have a think about which kits you would like to always have in stock and I'll put together a bit of survey for you. We will have "Stock" kits and "Special Order" kits. As a guide, we should be aiming for about 20-25 Stock kits.

Someone else (Gavin?) suggested it might be worthwhile to survey the Community on what parts and accessories (and upgrades) we should stock. So I will look at including these on our Survey.

We have just received some sample parts, so I will get DB to assess these and see which ones are worth stocking. It would be nice if we could have a few straightforward upgrades available (scratch plates, pickup surrounds, machine heads, strap locks, etc).

Anyhoo, a huge thanks to all of you for making this Forum such a great resource for builders and a fun Community to be a part of. I sincerely hope that you will all stick around and be part of the growth of Pit Bull Guitars.

Bass Guy
04-04-2013, 08:54 AM
A pleasure, Adam! I for one am thrilled you have started this enterprise, and in my own hometown too!!

I just wish I had skills or traits to offer to the community and/or business side that would be a help. Maybe one day.

Thank you to you and DingoBass, and I think I say this on behalf of everyone here.

Eliot "Bass Guy" McCann

Gavin1393
04-04-2013, 09:12 AM
Agreed! Motion seconded!

I think we all have a common goal to build ourselves or someone we care about a dream guitar. Thanks for making this possible Adam! Some of us want to build several dream guitars all for ourselves! What can I say!!??

And making new friends with this unique interest makes it all the more special. Am I forgetting someone? Let me phone that 1800 number and check!

GlennGP
04-04-2013, 10:02 AM
I like that it's possible to be more than just a customer around here. I don't know whether you (Adam) intended it to evolve this way, but you certainly provided the opportunity for it to do so.

When I ordered my kit it was always with the intention that it be the first of a series of builds, but there was always the fear that the business may not stay around long enough for me to get to the next guitar. It has been very reassuring, therefore, to see it grow and diversify.

I can identify strongly with what Adam's about here: I'm also a public servant trying to get an online business off the ground, and finding the time to do justice to both, ethically, is a serious challenge. I don't think I'm alone in being more than willing to help out in whatever way he finds most useful.

It's a great product and a seriously friendly brand you've got going. Keep it up!

dingobass
04-04-2013, 10:12 AM
I am still waiting for Adam to set up my 1800 number... 8-)

Seriously though, I think that I can also speak for Adam and Phil W, (our amazingly talented dispatch dude),
that it has been a source of inspiration, joy and quite often amazement to watch folk build their dreams!

All the trials, emails asking for help and or advice have helped me to further develop my own skill set.
The added bonus is the new and very good mates I have made through the Pit Bull experience.

A very heart felt thank you to all of you who make this a great business to be a part of.

WeirdBits
04-04-2013, 12:02 PM
It's a business, a community, a passion, and an experience... what more can you ask for. This is a place that allows you to fulfill dreams, childhood or otherwise, and interact with others doing the same. You've built a great thing here, Adam, and I for one am very grateful to you, the Pit Bull team, and this amazing community.

As others have mentioned, if there is anything that we as a community can do to help continue to build the business, you need only to ask. Communities like this always have an incredibly diverse range of skills among its members... just waiting to be exploited ;)

Gavin1393
04-04-2013, 01:11 PM
Very true! Other than DB and Pest who we all know what they do in their real working lives you just never know what other talents are on the forum! Might be interesting to have a thread? But then maybe anonymity is better in case DB is really wayne Swan.....who is about to mess with our Superannuation system again so he can buy more guitars.......

keloooe
04-04-2013, 08:37 PM
I would agree with everyone here that we have all found our new passion for guitars! I have made some awesome friends in the past 4 months, who have helped me in the course of my build, and answered many many questions (I'm looking at you 1800!!!)! This business has really been going during the last 2 months and I am very proud and happy to be a part of it!!!

Lets keep this up and we will have a business that will have the guitar world asking for more!!!

stui
05-04-2013, 10:29 AM
Quote from Gavin1393 on April 3, 2013, 22:11
Very true! Other than DB and Pest who we all know what they do in their real working lives you just never know what other talents are on the forum! Might be interesting to have a thread? But then maybe anonymity is better in case DB is really wayne Swan.....who is about to mess with our Superannuation system again so he can buy more guitars.......
If there was a like button for posts I would be pressing it for this one

dingobass
05-04-2013, 12:12 PM
Gee, thanks Guys!
It is a wonderful community that is growing here... did I say community?.. I really mean family.

The encouragement and support that flows through the forum means that every one gets to kick a goal or three!

In my mind, that is family.

Onwards and upwards! :D

keloooe
05-04-2013, 10:19 PM
Agreed DB, I too take this business as a 2nd family, people who relate to me pretty well actually!

wokkaboy
06-04-2013, 12:51 AM
yer I agree with everyone's comments on this thread, thanks Adam, Phil W and DB for making an interest turn into a fantastic hobby and experience. I feel like we are all a big family on the forum and appreciate the tips and advice I have got out of the forums.
We at 4D Guitars have learnt so much since building the Pit Bull kits and are keener than ever to keep building and entering more GOTM's. It's good that the level of finish has improved so much (partly due to Pit Bull distributing wudtone and other accessories) and to win a GOTM is getting harder so competition is good for everyone.
I'm more than happy to complete a survey to trim back the catalogue, but its orsome the range of kits has increased so much its a huge job to pick one or two guitars for your next order !
Maybe one day all the Pit Bull builders can meet for a weekend, exchange stories and show off their favourite build.
Thanks again Pit Bull for making this experience so much fun and look forward to future builds and more interaction on the forum. There are some real characters here and one big Pest ! haha

cheers Wokka

keloooe
06-04-2013, 01:40 AM
Yea, we should all have a weekend meet up thing, would be awesome to meet all of you and exchange stories!

wokkaboy
06-04-2013, 01:54 AM
Quote from keloooe on April 5, 2013, 10:40
Yea, we should all have a weekend meet up thing, would be awesome to meet all of you and exchange stories!
You better start saving money and frequent flyer points Pest as I'd say most builders are still in Perth, next one we can hold in Melbourne a week before the grand prix !!
I'll stock up on fly spray in the meantime !

keloooe
06-04-2013, 01:59 AM
Quote from wokkaboy on April 5, 2013, 10:54

Quote from keloooe on April 5, 2013, 10:40
You better start saving money and frequent flyer points Pest as I'd say most builders are still in Perth, next one we can hold in Melbourne a week before the grand prix !!
I'll stock up on fly spray in the meantime !
All of us at the Grand Prix would be awesome!

wokkaboy
06-04-2013, 02:20 AM

well they have already set tentative dates 13-16th March 2014 ! I'll be there

keloooe
06-04-2013, 02:34 AM
Quote from wokkaboy on April 5, 2013, 11:20

well they have already set tentative dates 13-16th March 2014 ! I'll be there
Ill see if I can go next year!

Gavin1393
06-04-2013, 03:31 AM
Seeing as we are all family now, could someone please ask Mum and Dad to provide us with some sisters....

keloooe
06-04-2013, 04:05 AM
Quote from Gavin1393 on April 5, 2013, 12:31
Seeing as we are all family now, could someone please ask Mum and Dad to provide us with some sisters....
Yea, too many brothers...