PDA

View Full Version : Hi, Geoff From Fremantle

baldrick
22-03-2013, 06:23 AM
Hello folks, Geoff from Freo

Just received my ES1GT kit yesterday and very excited about getting started.

Anyone who has tackled one of these and knows something now they wish they had known before, I'd love to hear from you as my head is full of questions like "how do you wrangle all the wires and control into the body without them rattling around afterwards?" etc etc

I intend to put up some pics as I go and look forward to reading words of advice from you.

Cheers

Geoff

keloooe
22-03-2013, 06:51 AM
Hi Geoff, glad to have you on board!! Like you, I wished I had known about PBG earlier!!!!!
Can't wait to see what you can come up with in terms of finishing it with Wudtone!!!

Cheers,
Callum

Gavin1393
22-03-2013, 08:24 AM
A dictionary of new swear words.....essential!
Plus you might want to grab 4 or 5 meters of clear 6mm tubing to go over the pots to pull them through the 'f' hole and into position.
New sense of humour and an extra dose of patience....

DB, anything you want to add?

But a beautiful sounding result and very happy with the result despite taking way to long to thread everything into position!

dingobass
22-03-2013, 09:01 AM
Quote from Gavin1393 on March 21, 2013, 17:24
Plus you might want to grab 4 or 5 meters of clear 6mm tubing to go over the pots to pull them through the 'f' hole and into position.

But a beautiful sounding result and very happy with the result despite taking way to long to thread everything into position!

Welcome Geoff!

Gavin, the only thing i would add is the updated and revised book of swear words.

Wish I had of thought of the clear tube idea..... *censored* brilliant!

I would advise that if you are going to upgrade your pots and cap, do it now.... No one deserves to go through the pain of wiring these babies up twice :D

Be aware that you will need to get mini pots as they are the same size as the supplied ones.
Stewmac.com Is the place to get them. You will want the Alpha brand mini control pots in 500 ohm.
I would also look at the orange drop caps, 223ohm.

Good luck and enjoy the build!

Gavin1393
22-03-2013, 09:35 AM
Quote from dingobass on March 21, 2013, 18:01

Quote from Gavin1393 on March 21, 2013, 17:24

Welcome Geoff!

Gavin, the only thing i would add is the updated and revised book of swear words.

Wish I had of thought of the clear tube idea..... *censored* brilliant!

I would advise that if you are going to upgrade your pots and cap, do it now.... No one deserves to go through the pain of wiring these babies up twice :D

Be aware that you will need to get mini pots as they are the same size as the supplied ones.
Stewmac.com Is the place to get them. You will want the Alpha brand mini control pots in 500 ohm.
I would also look at the orange drop caps, 223ohm.

Good luck and enjoy the build!p

I also wish I had thought of the clear tube idea several hours before I did!

Orange caps are a must, so very much agree with DB's recommendations.