PDA

View Full Version : Heyo, Andy from Adelaide

Auldy
17-03-2013, 06:25 AM
G'day forum!

My name is Andrew/Andy and I'm a regular bloke from Adelaide who is a music fanatic and a guitar tragic. Your facebook targeted adds found me well and I have decided to try out one of your kits, what can go wrong!?

Ever since I started playing guitar on my piece-of-piss $199 Ashton starter start pack, my dream guitar became the Gibson ES-335. As I saved up my pennies I purchased a hollow body Gretsch knock off with a very warm sound, but after a while I ended up ripping it apart, re-doing the entire electrics (including some swank TV Jones pickups), modifying the bridge setup and turning it into my own.

After my final uni exam, I treated myself by picking up a brand new, proper american thinline tele which I adore, but I never got around to the ES-335. Too expensive, and the modern models are just not the same. Then I found Pit Bull! I ordered the ES-1G kit and now it has arrived and is sitting on my kitchen table.

Depending on how this kit goes, you will be the death of my wallet. One of every guitar shape is now a possibility.....

Cheers,
Andrew

robin
17-03-2013, 08:00 AM
Welcome aboard Andy.

I know what you are saying mate. My kit hasn't even arrived yet and I am already planning on my next kit, and the one after that, and the one.......... Well you know.

cheers
rob

dingobass
17-03-2013, 10:32 AM
Great to have you join our ranks Andy.

Yep, the biggest problem most of our forum members have is a really bad case of G.A.S.

Hope to see your builds and any questions you may have, I am sure the forum will be able to sort you out.

adam
17-03-2013, 12:38 PM
Hey Rob, I've seen you mention a couple of times that your kit hasn't arrived... have you ordered a kit and it hasn't arrived, or are you still in the buying process? If you've purchased, shipping time should be no more that 4 days.

keloooe
18-03-2013, 05:41 AM
Hey Andy, welcome to the forums!!! As like all of us, I have my new(ish) kit and I'm already planning all the others!!!
Can't wait to see what awesomeness you can do with your new kit!!!

Cheers,
Callum

robin
18-03-2013, 08:44 AM
Quote from adam on March 16, 2013, 21:38
Hey Rob, I've seen you mention a couple of times that your kit hasn't arrived... have you ordered a kit and it hasn't arrived, or are you still in the buying process? If you've purchased, shipping time should be no more that 4 days.

Hi Andy,the kit was ordered on the 01/03/2013, but I recall seeing the words "back ordered" somewhere. I have since received an email on 11/03/2013 saying "Order Complete" with an Order #1405. So I'm guessing that was the dispatch date.

I'm hoping to receive it early this week, which will be approx 4 or 5 working days. No panic stations yet :)

cheers
rob

adam
18-03-2013, 11:32 AM
Hi Robin,

Yes, the ST-1 kits came back into stock last week and your was shipped on Monday, so you should have it tomorrow.