PDA

View Full Version : New Pit Bull Guitars Wudtone Video

adam
15-03-2013, 12:56 PM
Dingo Bass, Phil W and I got together yesterday to make our own Wudtone video. I thought I'd post it here before I put it up on the site, in case you regulars spot any errors, omissions, or improvements. We don't want to shoot it again, but if we need to insert some info slides, we can do that.

Here's the link:

http://youtu.be/MXYNaHVhm1g

Gavin1393
15-03-2013, 09:38 PM
Quote from adam on March 14, 2013, 21:56
Dingo Bass, Phil W and I got together yesterday to make our own Wudtone video. I thought I'd post it here before I put it up on the site, in case you regulars spot any errors, omissions, or improvements. We don't want to shoot it again, but if we need to insert some info slides, we can do that.

Here's the link:

http://youtu.be/MXYNaHVhm1g

Really good video!

I would add two items to the flash card list.

The first is that it is very important to make sure that after using the steel wool that the body of the guitar is completely free of steel wool debri.
The second is just a trick i learned when sanding curves and tight spots is to wrap the sandpaper over a flexible eraser.

I'm not sure if you wanted to mention the glue spills and the filler in terms of preparing the body. I know the factory are addressing these issues.....so these should be minor going forward but obviously may need to be addressed with current stock to get the desired finish?

For us older farts it is also worth keeping a log (which i do using a whiteboard) so I can remember exactly how many deep coats, base coats, gloss coats I have applied to the body and neck. Also good for future reference!

Gavin1393
15-03-2013, 09:42 PM
I assume there will be a neck painting video too?

dingobass
15-03-2013, 11:02 PM
Quote from Gavin1393 on March 15, 2013, 06:42

Miss Fiona asked the very same question....... :|

adam
15-03-2013, 11:23 PM
Thanks for the feedback.

Yes, we will do a separate neck video... soon.

I do have some footage of DB talking about paying extra attention to the glue residue, but deleted it to get the video under the 15 minute limit. I'll play with it again and see if I can include that bit.

Gavin1393
15-03-2013, 11:25 PM
Quote from dingobass on March 15, 2013, 08:02

Quote from Gavin1393 on March 15, 2013, 06:42

Miss Fiona asked the very same question....... :|

Great minds think alike and fools never.....let's not go there!!!

keloooe
15-03-2013, 11:27 PM
Quote from adam on March 15, 2013, 08:23
Thanks for the feedback.

Yes, we will do a separate neck video... soon.

I do have some footage of DB talking about paying extra attention to the glue residue, but deleted it to get the video under the 15 minute limit. I'll play with it again and see if I can include that bit.

Adam, if you put in your phone number into something (i forgot where 8-) ), you can verify it, and have the video limit extended...

Gavin1393
16-03-2013, 01:18 AM
This is the link the Callum is referring to:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-MpEjjXRszY

keloooe
16-03-2013, 04:48 AM
Quote from Gavin1393 on March 15, 2013, 10:18
This is the link the Callum is referring to:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-MpEjjXRszY

Yep, 100% correct Gavin!

keloooe
16-03-2013, 06:07 AM
Just watched the video, and it looks completely fine to me, apart from the previously mentioned filler / glue part!

Cheers,
Callum

adam
16-03-2013, 08:20 AM
Thanks again for the feedback and the helpful link to extending the 15 minute limit, although I think 15 minutes is about right for an instructional video. I've tried to keep most under 10.

I've put the new video up as is for now, so we can get rid of our dodgy first attempts at spray painting and the "Wattyl Disaster of 2012".

I'll play with it a bit more and add some of the suggested additions.

We'll also get onto a neck video next week.

Oh, we also have a new decal video which should be up tomorrow. The new decals we're sending with our kits now, which are on waterslide paper, work brilliantly... surprisingly well in fact.

keloooe
16-03-2013, 08:38 AM
Quote from adam on March 15, 2013, 17:20
Thanks again for the feedback and the helpful link to extending the 15 minute limit, although I think 15 minutes is about right for an instructional video. I've tried to keep most under 10.

I've put the new video up as is for now, so we can get rid of our dodgy first attempts at spray painting and the "Wattyl Disaster of 2012".

I'll play with it a bit more and add some of the suggested additions.

We'll also get onto a neck video next week.

Oh, we also have a new decal video which should be up tomorrow. The new decals we're sending with our kits now, which are on waterslide paper, work brilliantly... surprisingly well in fact.

Oooooohhhhh... New decals!!!! And now Adam, you made me recall the "Wattyl Disaster of 2012"!!!

dingobass
16-03-2013, 10:00 AM
Two words that should never be in the same sentence.

Wattyl and Guitar!

Poor Adam, every time he mentioned the W word I would go off on a 10 minute diatribe as to why this "weekend home makeover *censored*" should not be within sight of a guitar!...

Gavin1393
16-03-2013, 10:47 AM
Quote from dingobass on March 15, 2013, 19:00
Two words that should never be in the same sentence.

Wattyl and Guitar!

Poor Adam, every time he mentioned the W word I would go off on a 10 minute diatribe as to why this "weekend home makeover *censored*" should not be within sight of a guitar!...

DB, not sure I completely agree that Wattyl and Guitar should be two words never used in the same sentance, check this out:

I'm sure that Wattyl do is paint my guitar with Wudtone?

Think that works rather well?

dingobass
16-03-2013, 11:47 AM
Gavin, all I can say to that is, Wattyl you come up with next? :P