PDA

View Full Version : Hello form Maxaxe in Perth

maxaxe
22-02-2013, 10:25 AM
Another newbie from Perth . . .

Keen amateur (and somewhat radical) luthier and woeful guitar player.
Just joined and already getting the benefit of advice from Adam and other members - brilliant!
Sorry, I should have posted on this welcome section before jumping in.
In my other life I'm a pinball restoration artist, retiree & dreamer.
Working on my first PB kit - a TL-1. I always wanted a guitar with a blond maple fretboard.
This will make my 3rd guitar build so fortunately I've had a bit of practice.
Effort one started as a Maton EG100. Effort two derived from a crappy old Strat copy.
To sorta paraphrase SOG from Melbourne "These kits save $$$ and time for scratch building"
Couldn't agree more and the quality is amazing.
There's lots of interesting stuff on this forum - and I hope to contribute as time goes by.

Cheers

Max

dingobass
22-02-2013, 11:11 AM
Welcome aboard Max.

Wow, a pinball restoration guy....

Cant wait to see some pinnie inspired artwork to appear on a Pit Bull Axe!

adam
22-02-2013, 01:04 PM
Hey, welcome Max, I'm looking forward to seeing your builds. Feel free to start a "My Build Diary" in that forum if you like.

keloooe
22-02-2013, 07:55 PM
Quote from maxaxe on February 21, 2013, 19:25
Another newbie from Perth . . .

Keen amateur (and somewhat radical) luthier and woeful guitar player.
Just joined and already getting the benefit of advice from Adam and other members - brilliant!
Sorry, I should have posted on this welcome section before jumping in.
In my other life I'm a pinball restoration artist, retiree & dreamer.
Working on my first PB kit - a TL-1. I always wanted a guitar with a blond maple fretboard.
This will make my 3rd guitar build so fortunately I've had a bit of practice.
Effort one started as a Maton EG100. Effort two derived from a crappy old Strat copy.
To sorta paraphrase SOG from Melbourne "These kits save $$$ and time for scratch building"
Couldn't agree more and the quality is amazing.
There's lots of interesting stuff on this forum - and I hope to contribute as time goes by.

Cheers

Max

Hi Max!!! Nice to see you restore pin all machines!!! To echo Dingobass, we would totally love a pinball inspired kit! And, since you are in Perth, when you finish your Tele, pop down and see if Adam is home!!!