PDA

View Full Version : Dingobasss TL-1TB in base coat only Black Magic Woman

dingobass
21-02-2013, 08:15 AM
Well, here she is.

I used only the base coat BMW with ageing extra gloss.
The neck is Vintage Amber.

I have turned the control plate the right way up.... Don't know what I was thinking! :P
http://pitbullguitars.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/n4s55-IMG_1435.JPG
http://pitbullguitars.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/86gtr-IMG_1434.JPG

Gavin1393
21-02-2013, 08:22 AM
Gorgeous....

Actually looks a bit like my Columbian Gold Tele but after several colour coats.....proves that sometimes one colour coat is all it takes!!

I did'nt like how thin the cap was so I copied the 'f' hole and cut another piece which i glued inside it. It looks a bit sturdier now....used a light balsa wood.

adam
21-02-2013, 08:39 AM
Right, so exactly how soon will this be in my hands DB?

Mate, seriously, that is one of the sexiest Tele's I have ever seen.

dingobass
21-02-2013, 08:58 AM
Quote from adam on February 20, 2013, 17:39

Just a few more tweaks to do, Adam.

Bone nut and I am going to replace the volume pot with a blend pot and put in an Oil in Paper Cap and of course, one of my Gizmos. The gold Wilkinson tuners need to be replaced with chrome, ordering tonight.

Also I want to get some water transfer thingy and do the Pit Bull logo, was thinking along the lines of Pit Bull by Dingobass, or maybe the Pit bull experience featuring Dingobass.... nah, just messin with ya... It will be Pit Bull by DB... ;)

Gavin1393
21-02-2013, 09:32 AM
Quote from dingobass on February 20, 2013, 17:58

Quote from adam on February 20, 2013, 17:39

Just a few more tweaks to do, Adam.

Bone nut and I am going to replace the volume pot with a blend pot and put in an Oil in Paper Cap and of course, one of my Gizmos. The gold Wilkinson tuners need to be replaced with chrome, ordering tonight.

Also I want to get some water transfer thingy and do the Pit Bull logo, was thinking along the lines of Pit Bull by Dingobass, or maybe the Pit bull experience featuring Dingobass.... nah, just messin with ya... It will be Pit Bull by DB... ;)

One of those howling dingo's in MOP will finish it off quite nicely I would have thought!!

stui
21-02-2013, 10:01 AM
Quote from Gavin1393 on February 20, 2013, 17:22
Gorgeous....

Actually looks a bit like my Columbian Gold Tele but after several colour coats.....proves that sometimes one colour coat is all it takes!!

I did'nt like how thin the cap was so I copied the 'f' hole and cut another piece which i glued inside it. It looks a bit sturdier now....used a light balsa wood.
The first thing I thought when I saw this guitar on Facebook was that it was Colombian gold. I was really surprised when I saw it was black magic woman!

Gavin1393
21-02-2013, 10:44 AM
Quote from stui on February 20, 2013, 19:01

Quote from Gavin1393 on February 20, 2013, 17:22
Gorgeous....

The first thing I thought when I saw this guitar on Facebook was that it was Colombian gold. I was really surprised when I saw it was black magic woman!

Yeah! You and me Stui!

But as usual the 'workaround King' has figured out how to get one coat of BMW to look like several coats of Columbian gold and then finish a guitar in 1/2 the time!

pedro
14-05-2013, 04:08 AM
I have just completed the BMW deep colour on my SG1 and waiting a couple of days to put on my base colour coat - can you please advise which comes next the Gold highlights or the extra gloss please?

pedro
14-05-2013, 04:10 AM
PS - my Columbian Gold with hightlights is really quite deep and rich whereas the one coat of BMW looks lovely but much lighter...

wokkaboy
14-05-2013, 05:11 AM
Quote from pedro on May 13, 2013, 13:08
I have just completed the BMW deep colour on my SG1 and waiting a couple of days to put on my base colour coat - can you please advise which comes next the Gold highlights or the extra gloss please?

Pedro,
its deep coat, base coat, highlights (DB recommends one coat of highlights), then extra gloss is the last coat. Give it at least 48 hours between coats of extra gloss

Apply the next deep coat a bit thicker if you want the BMW to be darker

Gavin1393
14-05-2013, 05:15 AM
Highlights come next, remember to apply them across the grain! Don't finish up ragging with the grain as you might with the paint.

pedro
14-05-2013, 11:35 AM
Many thanks Wokka - unfortunately only had enough for one coat of deep colour....so I will just have to make up with base colour coat....cheers.

Pete

pedro
14-05-2013, 11:37 AM
Thanks Gav - I used the gold highlights on the back of my LP with Columbia Gold and it came up beautifully. Cheers.

Pete

wokkaboy
15-05-2013, 01:09 AM
Quote from pedro on May 13, 2013, 20:35
Many thanks Wokka - unfortunately only had enough for one coat of deep colour....so I will just have to make up with base colour coat....cheers.

Pete

Pete, you only got one coat of deep colour, either your axe body was very thirsty or some wudtone leaked out of the bottle, I've normally got at least 2 deep colour coats on.
I've done a body in columbian gold with gold highlights looks sensational

good luck with the base coats to get the colour darker

pedro
15-05-2013, 03:17 AM
maybe I was a bit generous with the application and I should speak to my old mate DB and see if there is more BMW deep colour available....?

wokkaboy
15-05-2013, 03:31 AM
Quote from pedro on May 14, 2013, 12:17
maybe I was a bit generous with the application and I should speak to my old mate DB and see if there is more BMW deep colour available....?

yer good idea Pete,
the deep colour will give you a darker black colour than the base coat. Hold off the base coats I'd say till you speak to DB