PDA

View Full Version : WORDPRESS

Gavin1393
17-02-2013, 02:40 PM
"To help prevent spam, we require that you wait 5 minutes before posting again. Please use your browsers back button to return."

Is anyone else getting this irritating message every time they try and edit a post or if they happen to want to comment on two posts inside of a five minute time period. it's driving me mad....

GlennGP
17-02-2013, 09:51 PM
Quote from Gavin1393 on February 16, 2013, 23:40
"To help prevent spam, we require that you wait 5 minutes before posting again. Please use your browsers back button to return."

Is anyone else getting this irritating message every time they try and edit a post or if they happen to want to comment on two posts inside of a five minute time period. it's driving me mad....

Yes, I got this one the other day. Unless spam is a particular problem, and there is not alternative solution, I'd recommend switching off that feature. It is pretty irritating.

keloooe
17-02-2013, 10:56 PM
Quote from Gavin1393 on February 16, 2013, 23:40

I get that message all the time, Adam should look into a workaround...

adam
18-02-2013, 12:16 AM
Hi guys, there's a setting for the time period between posts, which does stop autobot spam, so I don't want to get rid of it. But, I've changed the setting from 300 seconds (5 minutes) to 30 seconds, which should be less frustrating.

Let me know if it hasn't helped.

Gavin1393
18-02-2013, 01:42 AM
Thanks Adam, This 5 minute wait was really starting to peeve me to the point that I wrote to WordPress about it! The error message seemed to lay the decision for this at their door. You'll have a laugh if they forward it onto you! the 30 seconds makes more sense to me. I have several broken fingers, hence the wide fretboard,and often hit the wrong key so the editing function is often my best friend....having to wait 5 minutes to correct a mistake wasn't aiding with my good demeanour!