PDA

View Full Version : Postage/Shipping Costs

adam
16-02-2013, 08:42 AM
Hi there,

Here at Pit Bull Guitars we've tried to come up with a fair and equitable Postage charge for our guitar kits.

We've tried Australia Post rates, linked to our site, but that meant a customer living in Perth would pay just $9 and someone in the middle of Queensland would pay $40. We thought this was unfair.

So then we tried a flat rate of $9.95... per order. So, no matter the number of kits you bought you pay just $9.95.

Unfortunately, this just didn't work out, as some of the orders for multiple kits were costing us $70-80 to post. So, all our profits (and more!) were going into postage.

We've now decided to try a flat rate of $9.95 per guitar kit. As most sales are for one or two kits, we feel this is a reasonable cost and is fair to everyone no matter where in Australia the choose to call home.

Thanks for your understanding.

GlennGP
16-02-2013, 09:54 AM
You've gotta make a buck Adam, else you won't be there to sell us our next projects. The new rate is still more than fair, no complaints from me.

stui
16-02-2013, 11:01 AM
Seems perfectly fair to me. There's no point in being in business if you're losing money from your sales...

keloooe
17-02-2013, 01:03 AM
Ya gotta do what ya gotta do!

adam
14-03-2013, 06:36 AM
Please note that Pit Bull Guitars Bass Kits will attract a Flat Rate of $14.95 for shipping. This is because the boxes are bigger and heavier (as you could imagine) and they attract much more postage. The PBH-4 to our friend Craig in FNQ, for example, cost us $54 to post. We will continue to subsidize postage so that everyone gets a fair deal, no matter where they live, but we have to be realistic about what it actually costs us.

keloooe
14-03-2013, 07:01 AM
Quote from adam on March 13, 2013, 15:36
Please note that Pit Bull Guitars Bass Kits will attract a Flat Rate of $14.95 for shipping. This is because the boxes are bigger and heavier (as you could imagine) and they attract much more postage. The PBH-4 to our friend Craig in FNQ, for example, cost us $54 to post. We will continue to subsidize postage so that everyone gets a fair deal, no matter where they live, but we have to be realistic about what it actually costs us.
Yea, everyone needs a fair deal on postage... Wow... I didn't expect the boxes to be that much heavier!!!

bergstrom.mike
26-07-2013, 12:24 PM
Adam,

What is usual transit time to the US? I ordered my kit, seems like months ago ( but only two days in reality LOL ), and I am so anxious. I got home from my bike ride yesterday and went looking for the box ( yes, very much the optimist ).

Cheers

adam
26-07-2013, 12:36 PM
Whoa! easy there Mike, this is Australia you're dealing with. Your guitar has been picked up by the horse and carriage Postal Service and Kangaroo sledded to the single Postal Collection Point. From there, it has to be sent to the Prime Ministers Office to have his personal Seal of Approval stamped. Then, it will be loaded on a WWII vintage Viper Dual Prop cargo plane, which should make the US coast sometime around September. From there it's up to the USPS.

But seriously, it takes about a week.

bergstrom.mike
26-07-2013, 12:54 PM
/<\\/p>[]<\\/p>/Quote from adam on July 25, 2013, 21:36
Whoa! easy there Mike, this is Australia you're dealing with. Your guitar has been picked up by the horse and carriage Postal Service and Kangaroo sledded to the single Postal Collection Point. From there, it has to be sent to the Prime Ministers Office to have his personal Seal of Approval stamped. Then, it will be loaded on a WWII vintage Viper Dual Prop cargo plane, which should make the US coast sometime around September. From there it's up to the USPS.

But seriously, it takes about a week.

It will arrive in the states sometime in October, be stuck in customs for twelve weeks in Oregon. At that time it will be transferred to Arizona or New Mexico for distribution, despached ( note the British spelling :D ) to Columbus, OH for final delivery to some address in Little River, AR, but only after crushing and folding to make it fit in the mailbox.

I should see it sometime in July ( of 2014 ).

Thanks Adam, that's tremendous.

Cheers

dingobass
26-07-2013, 01:00 PM
You guys crack me up! :)

bergstrom.mike
26-07-2013, 01:10 PM
What's really scary is that I ordered my Wudtone from BYO Guitars at the same time, and they are about 20 miles from me. I might get the kit before I get the stain!

rhay
26-07-2013, 01:22 PM
No complaints here.

Gavin1393
26-07-2013, 02:55 PM
/<\\/p>[]<\\/p>/Quote from bergstrom.mike on July 25, 2013, 22:10
What's really scary is that I ordered my Wudtone from BYO Guitars at the same time, and they are about 20 miles from me. I might get the kit before I get the stain!

That leaves you plenty of time for sanding!

bergstrom.mike
26-07-2013, 04:56 PM
I hear that sanding is important in some fashion?

Gavin1393
26-07-2013, 10:27 PM
Only if you want a really nice finish! ;)

bergstrom.mike
27-07-2013, 12:03 PM
still hasn't arrived....progress on the build is slow!

Just kidding!

Went out and bought lots of gloves, a bag of 0000 steel wool, some 400-600 sandpaper ( for binding ) and have been scouring the 'net for possible replacement parts. This is going to be a beautiful bass!