PDA

View Full Version : Announcing a New Team Member

adam
22-01-2013, 09:25 PM
I would like to formally welcome Phil Andrew (DingoBass) aboard the good ship SS Pit Bull Guitars.

DingoBass has officially joined our small time, to manage the Wudtone side of the business. DB will be responsible for all aspects of Wudtone; ordering, receiving, mixing, bottling and shipping. He will also have the job of making custom colours for customers.

DB will also continue to be our "Luthier in Residence". He will make up one of each of our guitar kits, so we can show customers how sensational the guitars can look (and sound) when you know what you are doing.

I've no doubt we've got the best person for the job and he's already coming up with great ideas for expanding the business.

If you have any questions about Wudtone, or you'd like a custom colour, you can contact DB on dingobass@pitbullguitars.com.

Gavin1393
22-01-2013, 09:40 PM
Quote from adam on January 22, 2013, 06:25
I would like to formally welcome Phil Andrew (DingoBass) aboard the good ship SS Pit Bull Guitars.

DingoBass has officially joined our small time, to manage the Wudtone side of the business. DB will be responsible for all aspects of Wudtone; ordering, receiving, mixing, bottling and shipping. He will also have the job of making custom colours for customers.

DB will also continue to be our "Luthier in Residence". He will make up one of each of our guitar kits, so we can show customers how sensational the guitars can look (and sound) when you know what you are doing.

I've no doubt we've got the best person for the job and he's already coming up with great ideas for expanding the business.

If you have any questions about Wudtone, or you'd like a custom colour, you can contact DB on dingobass@pitbullguitars.com.

Congrats DB! Nice to see our favourite DIY Guitar company expanding!

pedro
23-01-2013, 07:29 AM
Hi Db and all,

I have just finished the electrics on my LP1 after taking time on the Wudtone polishing - my Spalted Maple looks great (even if I do say so myself) with the Carmen Gypsy on the front and the Columbian Gold (with Gold inlay) on the back.

Couple of queries if you can help please:
1. I have a small black triangle with three screws and I have no idea where that goes...?
2. The additional guide to earthing the two humbuckers - is that a requirement for all the later models or have they since been modified as the wiring plan does not include this additional earth wiring?

Kind regards,

Pete

Gavin1393
23-01-2013, 08:05 AM
Quote from pedro on January 22, 2013, 16:29
Hi Db and all,

I have just finished the electrics on my LP1 after taking time on the Wudtone polishing - my Spalted Maple looks great (even if I do say so myself) with the Carmen Gypsy on the front and the Columbian Gold (with Gold inlay) on the back.

Couple of queries if you can help please:
1. I have a small black triangle with three screws and I have no idea where that goes...?
2. The additional guide to earthing the two humbuckers - is that a requirement for all the later models or have they since been modified as the wiring plan does not include this additional earth wiring?

Kind regards,

Pete
Black triangle sounds like it is the truss rod cover...sits up against the Nut in the area of the headstock....
Not too sure about point two, but all guitars need to be earthed. This might be something discussed earlier on the forums when we discovered the factory hadnt drilled a hole for the earth wire to run from the Pickup to the pot....there is a video on this if this is what the point is about...DB or Adam might be able to shed more light on this.

pedro
23-01-2013, 08:52 AM
...ahh thanks Gav....I have been holding it every which way and scratching my head, but now you have told me it all makes sense....cheers.

The double humbucker earthing is a separate video instruction with Adam and DB and involves drilling a new path from the control panel to the bridge post..

Pete

dingobass
23-01-2013, 09:21 AM
Quote from adam on January 22, 2013, 06:25

Thanks Adam.

It has been a rather humbling experience to be invited to join Pit Bull.

In my new role as chief mixer and bottler I must say that I am excited with the possibilities of creating custom colours for our customers and maintaining and growing the Wudtone product here in Australia, New Zealand and the South East Asian region.

adam
23-01-2013, 01:30 PM
Quote from pedro on January 22, 2013, 17:52
...ahh thanks Gav....I have been holding it every which way and scratching my head, but now you have told me it all makes sense....cheers.

The double humbucker earthing is a separate video instruction with Adam and DB and involves drilling a new path from the control panel to the bridge post..

Pete

Hey Pete, are you saying that the hole for the earth wire has not been drilled? I'm sorry, you must have got one of last year's kits. The factory has been instructed to do that for every kit now. Still, it's not hard if you follow DB's instructions and you get that warm gooey feeling inside from doing something for yourself.

pedro
23-01-2013, 01:56 PM
....thanks Adam, it looks quite straightforward. The Wudcote colours are just sensational. Cheers.

GlennGP
23-01-2013, 09:46 PM
Quote from dingobass on January 22, 2013, 18:21
... I must say that I am excited with the possibilities of creating custom colours for our customers ...

I must say, that excites me too! *thinks* what colour would I ask for?!

What colour reference would you use if one were to request a custom colour?

Glenn GP

dingobass
23-01-2013, 10:30 PM
Quote from GlennGP on January 23, 2013, 06:46

Quote from dingobass on January 22, 2013, 18:21
... I must say that I am excited with the possibilities of creating custom colours for our customers ...

I must say, that excites me too! *thinks* what colour would I ask for?!

What colour reference would you use if one were to request a custom colour?

Glenn GP

Hey Glenn,

This takes me back to my Art School days...

Basic colour theory is warm colours ie: those with red in them, must be mixed with other warm colours.
Cool colours ie: those with blue must be mixed with other cool colours.

If you mix warm and cool you usually end up with either mud or baby poo...

Most colours have both red and blue ranges.
This means you can have, for example, reds with a blue hue and blues with a red hue.

I will stop there because it gets really complicated from here on...

From what I see, most of the Wudtone colours are in the warm range, so the possibilities are almost endless.

So, if you have a colour in mind and you have a sample swatch, email it to me and I will see if it can be mixed.

keloooe
23-01-2013, 10:40 PM
Quote from adam on January 22, 2013, 22:30

Quote from pedro on January 22, 2013, 17:52

Pete

Hey Pete, are you saying that the hole for the earth wire has not been drilled? I'm sorry, you must have got one of last year's kits. The factory has been instructed to do that for every kit now. Still, it's not hard if you follow DB's instructions and you get that warm gooey feeling inside from doing something for yourself.

Is my kit a 2012 kit???

dingobass
23-01-2013, 10:53 PM
Is my kit a 2012 kit???[/quote]

Hey Callum,

You should be OK.
Adam will confirm..

keloooe
24-01-2013, 03:22 AM
Quote from dingobass on January 23, 2013, 07:53

Is my kit a 2012 kit???

Hey Callum,

You should be OK.
Adam will confirm..[/quote]

Cool, just wondering! And I forgot to congratulate you on the newest addition to the team!!! Nice to have a resident luthier doing the Wudtone!!!