PDA

View Full Version : Effect pedal recommendation!

keloooe
10-01-2013, 12:08 AM
Hey guys, I recently bought a pair of stompboxes from DigiTech (www.digitech.com) and I have to say, they are just AMAZING!!! I currently have the Hot Head (distortion) and the DigiDelay (delay ofc!), which whne placed around my tremolo, add so much depth into the sounds I can get!!!

Now, why are they so cool you ask??? Well, if you see their X-Series Pedals, the right hand side knob is actually used to change the entire effect, like on the delay:
1-10-250ms
2- 250-1sec
3- 1-4sec
4- Tape delay (like those 60's echo chambers!)
5- Chorus delay
6- Reverse delay (which is so *censored* amazing!!!!)
7- Loop delay

Also, with the Analog series (like the Hot Head!) (maybe even the X-Series as well, havent tried it yet!), there's an output that can go directly to a mixer or any recording device, but it models the actual tone that comes out of an amp so instead of having to mic up and lose sound, you can have BOTH an amp and mixer running at the same time (useful for a deep, bass tone of just for recording)!!!

But, there's 1 downside to the Hot Head... My Epiphone LP Jr has a really nice humbucker in it that cancelles out any buzz and feedback when directly connected to an amp, but run it through the pedal, and it has some noise, but it isnt that big of a deal!

So based on all of this, I totally recommend DigiTech if you want a nice set of pedals that give amazing tone and quality!!!

Cheers,
Callum

Benj
10-01-2013, 01:30 AM
Awesome that you found some pedals that you love, what I'd recommend is trying different bits and pieces, only because I've had a couple of pedals by Digitech that were awful :D
Check out MI Audio for some well priced, great gear, along with the essential piece of most pedalsboards, a good modded Ibanez TS9 or TS808.
Pedals are great fun, I think I'll end up with a fair few (more than I've got now anyway)

Also, with your noise problem, just remember that having your gain over around 3 oclock is useless, sucks the tone and raises noise. 12 oclock should be fine for GreenDay and that kind of thing :D

keloooe
10-01-2013, 01:36 AM
Quote from Benj on January 9, 2013, 10:30
Awesome that you found some pedals that you love, what I'd recommend is trying different bits and pieces, only because I've had a couple of pedals by Digitech that were awful :D
Check out MI Audio for some well priced, great gear, along with the essential piece of most pedalsboards, a good modded Ibanez TS9 or TS808.
Pedals are great fun, I think I'll end up with a fair few (more than I've got now anyway)

Also, with your noise problem, just remember that having your gain over around 3 oclock is useless, sucks the tone and raises noise. 12 oclock should be fine for GreenDay and that kind of thing :D

True, as I actually have my gain at 12 for GD and 3 for writing songs!!!! Also, what DigiTech pedals did you try???