PDA

View Full Version : Screaming Chairs

keloooe
08-01-2013, 03:52 AM
I hope Adam allows self-advertising, but here we go!
I have recently started a (small) band who got their skills from Green Day and hope to get recognized in a few years. Our creative name is Screaming Chairs, and at the time of writing this, we are working on our first official song!

Members:
Callum (me) on guitar, loves having music being played LOUD AS HELL!!!!
Claire on guitar, stunning to look at!!

We are looking for a drummer and bassist in or near Melbourne, aged between 14 and 17 yrs old!

I am terrible at advertising...

Benj
08-01-2013, 07:13 AM
Awesome stuff Callum, best of luck with the band. I used to be well into the punk/rock scene, Blink, Green Day, Living End, Offspring etc, it's a really good style for fun and to learn basics.

Make sure you post up your songs when you record, keep us up to date, or make a facebook band page, they are brilliant for getting your name out, notifying friends about gigs and new songs.

Hardest part of starting a band: Finding a decent bassist!

GlennGP
08-01-2013, 08:31 AM
Pics of Clare ... or it didn't happen! :D

But seriously ... never been in a band myself (so take this as you will) but I've known tonnes of guys and gals who have been, and the main difference between soaring and plunging is chutzpah. Sell yourself way beyond what you think you're capable of, and you stand a chance of making it. Better to get a chance to perform and fail, than to never get the chance. Go nuts, mate. You'll never regret the experience, and the experience will just build your skill.

dingobass
08-01-2013, 11:59 AM
Go for it Callum!

When I was your age we had a saying, play hard or go home!

Suggestion for a Bassist. Find one that plays 4 on the floor, gets into the groove and stays there.

As for a Drummer, get a drum machine... you will only have to punch the info in once :P

Above all, believe in your selves.

keloooe
10-01-2013, 01:14 AM
Quote from Benj on January 7, 2013, 16:13
Awesome stuff Callum, best of luck with the band. I used to be well into the punk/rock scene, Blink, Green Day, Living End, Offspring etc, it's a really good style for fun and to learn basics.

Make sure you post up your songs when you record, keep us up to date, or make a facebook band page, they are brilliant for getting your name out, notifying friends about gigs and new songs.

Hardest part of starting a band: Finding a decent bassist!

Yes, finding a decent bassist IS the trickiest part... There's a competition near me called Balltle of the Bands (no, not Ernie Ball's one!) where any bands aged between 13 -25 can enter. I watched it last year and i can just say it is pretty much the smaller, younger version of Exhumed!!!!

keloooe
10-01-2013, 01:14 AM
Quote from dingobass on January 7, 2013, 20:59
Go for it Callum!

When I was your age we had a saying, play hard or go home!

Suggestion for a Bassist. Find one that plays 4 on the floor, gets into the groove and stays there.

As for a Drummer, get a drum machine... you will only have to punch the info in once :P

Above all, believe in your selves.

So, a younger version of you then????? :)

keloooe
10-01-2013, 01:16 AM
Quote from GlennGP on January 7, 2013, 17:31
Pics of Clare ... or it didn't happen! :D

But seriously ... never been in a band myself (so take this as you will) but I've known tonnes of guys and gals who have been, and the main difference between soaring and plunging is chutzpah. Sell yourself way beyond what you think you're capable of, and you stand a chance of making it. Better to get a chance to perform and fail, than to never get the chance. Go nuts, mate. You'll never regret the experience, and the experience will just build your skill.

thats what i always think about playing guitar!!!1