PDA

View Full Version : Finished LP Junior Double Cut

26-12-2012, 01:09 AM
http://pitbullguitars.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/5mh38-junior.jpg

The plague of locusts kids haven't arrived yet, so I thought I would take this opportunity:

Mahogany body, Mahogany neck, not a kit.
Custom Wudtone colour (thank you Andy for your immense help with this one)
Push-Pull on the tone pot to bypass the tone control; pre-contact cleaned alpha pots. Orange Drop tone cap.
Badass intonatable bridge (since just about every other wrap-around bridge isn't adjustable);
"Santana" brass block under the bridge (increases transfer to the body. It doesn't hurt);
Bullet Coily lead;
Marvel straplocks with my signature checkerboard strap;
Spec-wound P90 pickup of secret parentage. I got the paperwork out, and it reads 12.1K, which in P-90 land is a brute. It is also a flexible pickup, with a wide range of tone available;
Copper shielded;
Black scratchguard and cavity cover material off eBay. I was going to do red tortoise, but the black was good enough.
TUSQ nut, set up for BFTS;
18:1 vintage tuning machines;
Strung with .09-.46 Heavy Tops;

and it sounds awesome. I will re-intonate in a week or so. That allows it to settle as there are now a different set of tensions working on the body. In a week's time it will be amazingly out of tune.

I'm sure I've forgotten something.

pablopepper
26-12-2012, 08:28 AM
Wow! I'm so glad you finished this guitar, it's turned out just beautifully. :D Tv yellow is the perfect finish for a junior.

dingobass
26-12-2012, 03:00 PM
Wot Pablo said.....

All I can add is that I am so glad to see Junior finished! :D

dMac IS the maestro.......

bodders
28-12-2012, 07:17 AM
Quote from dingobass on December 26, 2012, 00:00
Wot Gavin said.....

apologies if this is a duplicate post - does anyone know if this style is available in kit form anywhere?

adam
28-12-2012, 08:00 AM
Quote from bodders on December 27, 2012, 16:17

Quote from dingobass on December 26, 2012, 00:00
Wot Gavin said.....

apologies if this is a duplicate post - does anyone know if this style is available in kit form anywhere?

Bodders we've got some single cutaway Juniors on order, due in February. I don't think they do this double cutaway, but we can certainly order to spec if there's enough interest.