PDA

View Full Version : Some Junior thing...

23-12-2012, 04:44 AM
Hey... Look what I found in the Top Secret Bunker. A 99% complete Junior... :D

http://pitbullguitars.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/92h1h-junior-99.jpg

OK, the run through.

Only 2 strings as the glue under the nut dries.

The scratch plate only appears to be skew-if- it's the angle of the shot. Sorry.

Important specs, working upwards:

Badass intonatable bridge (since just about every other Junior bridge isn't adjustable);
"Santana" brass block under the bridge (increases transfer to the body. It doesn't hurt);
Spec-wound P90 pickup, reading about 11.5K, which in P-90 land is a monster. Tests in another guitar show it has a wonderful range you can choose, depending on volume, attack, eye colour, etc;
Copper shielded;
Straplocks with my signature checkerboard strap;
TUSQ nut, set up for BFTS;
18:1 vintage-style tuning machines;

Still to be done:
Electrics, (probably including a push-pull put to bypass the tone control);
Truss Rod cover;
.09-.46s "heavy top" pure nickels, truss rod setup, etc;

and

A good wipe down.

adam
23-12-2012, 06:27 AM
Is this the one you "abandoned" a while back? It looks great.

23-12-2012, 06:43 AM
Quote from adam on December 22, 2012, 15:27

I put it away until it didn't matter any more, accidentally dropped it twice so there was no longer a need for perfection, and then I got sick of looking at a half-finished guitar, so there was only one thing that could be done- finish it.

Yes, I'm weird.

dingobass
23-12-2012, 11:20 AM
Quote from dmac on December 22, 2012, 15:43

I put it away until it didn't matter any more, accidentally dropped it twice so there was no longer a need for perfection, and then I got sick of looking at a half-finished guitar, so there was only one thing that could be done- finish it.

Yes, I'm weird.

Looks great dMac! :D

23-12-2012, 11:51 AM
Quote from dingobass on December 22, 2012, 20:20

Yes, I'm weird.

I forgot- that's protective film on the guard and pickup.

I've also noticed how much lighter Junior is compared to what I expected- but then you use a lot less finish . Have you noticed that with the Axe Of Destiny?

dingobass
23-12-2012, 12:10 PM
Quote from dmac on December 22, 2012, 20:51

Yes, I'm weird.

I've also noticed how much lighter Junior is compared to what I expected- but then you use a lot less finish . Have you noticed that with the Axe Of Destiny?

Yes, I did notice that, but I don't mind at all as it has a beautiful translucency to it.
I also love the way the Wudtone bought out a lot more of the figure that was not visible with the French Polish....
I gotta say that I am totally sold on the Wudtone! 8-)

23-12-2012, 09:37 PM
Quote from dingobass on December 22, 2012, 21:10

Yes, I did notice that, but I don't mind at all as it has a beautiful translucency to it.

My mistake, I meant lighter in weight. Compare the bottles of Wudtone with 6-10 spraycans... When you're an old bugger like me running around, a light guitar is a good guitar. Junior caught me by surprise how little it weighed.

bodders
25-12-2012, 04:15 AM
Hi dMac - this looks great. Did you build it from a kit? If so, where can I get one?

25-12-2012, 06:46 AM
Quote from bodders on December 24, 2012, 13:15
Hi dMac - this looks great. Did you build it from a kit? If so, where can I get one?

Thanks, Bodders!

The wood on this one was cut and built from scratch. However, a little bird named Adam mentioned that a DC Junior is probably going to end up on the Pit Bull catalog very soon now.

Final pictures will be up in the next couple of days.

adam
25-12-2012, 07:19 AM
Quote from dmac on December 24, 2012, 15:46
[quote]Quote from bodders on December 24, 2012, 13:15
However, a little bird named Adam mentioned that a DC Junior is probably going to end up on the Pit Bull catalog very soon now.

Now you're hearing things dmac... this little bird never said we had Double Cut Juniors on the way... just the regular SC Junior. They're still damn sexy though.

25-12-2012, 08:03 AM
Quote from adam on December 24, 2012, 16:19

Quote from dmac on December 24, 2012, 15:46
[quote]Quote from bodders on December 24, 2012, 13:15
However, a little bird named Adam mentioned that a DC Junior is probably going to end up on the Pit Bull catalog very soon now.

Now you're hearing things dmac... this little bird never said we had Double Cut Juniors on the way... just the regular SC Junior. They're still damn sexy though.

Sorry, I wasn't aware.

dingobass
25-12-2012, 10:10 AM
Quote from bodders on December 24, 2012, 13:15

Hey Bodders
How did you get a pic on your profile?
That is something we all need to know! :)

adam
25-12-2012, 10:11 PM
Quote from dingobass on December 24, 2012, 19:10

Hey Bodders
How did you get a pic on your profile?
That is something we all need to know! :)

DB, you can upload an image at www.gravatar.com. As long as you link it to the email address you used to register on this site, it should work. Having said that, the image I attached still doesn't show up in forum posts (but it does in my admin folder). I'll keep working on it.

keloooe
06-01-2013, 11:18 PM
Quote from on December 22, 2012, 20:51

Yes, I'm weird.

Yea, every time I pick up a guitar, it's always lighter than I expect (especially my Epiphone LP Jr and the Maton MS500/50th!!!)

And where did u get that guitar from (if you can remember)

adam
07-01-2013, 02:19 AM
And where did u get that guitar from (if you can remember)

dmac is n longer on this forum, but I can tell you he made this guitar from scratch; it was not a kit. Nice looking guitar.