PDA

View Full Version : How were your Custom guitar kits?

Sol_Survivr
07-03-2021, 07:11 PM
Hey!!
Tell me about the custom guitar kits you received from pitbull guitars. How were they? Fit and finish? The hardware? The electronics?
I'm considering ordering one, but I have not received replies to my question mail so far. So I wanted to know what experiences others have had

FrankenWashie
07-03-2021, 07:53 PM
Hey!!
Tell me about the custom guitar kits you received from pitbull guitars. How were they? Fit and finish? The hardware? The electronics?
I'm considering ordering one, but I have not received replies to my question mail so far. So I wanted to know what experiences others have had

I’ve ordered a couple. The key issue is usually getting the factory (or factories) to understand the specifics or the requirement.
case 1
What I Ordered: plain no binding LP kit, no fretboard inlay, no bridge drilling.
What turned up: flame veneer maple LP, normal TOM bridge and anchor drilling.

case 2
What I ordered: no binding, no control cavity or pup routing, no headstock or bridge drilling.
what turned up: exactly to spec.

The response from PBG depend entirely on Factory response to them. Sometimes this can take a number of days. Adam and his team are really quick at communicating any issues once the kit hits the deck in Aussie and unfortunately it is usually only then that we find the issues out. Again in my experience, PBG is usually great at making amends or compensating from Booboos.

DarkMark
08-03-2021, 09:47 PM
My experience is 2 out of 3 correct.
My first custom order was refunded without any drama as it didn’t completely meet my specifications.
It often requires long waits for delivery and your customisation instructions should be as specific as possible. For example, I recall someone ordering an ES style guitar with no holes in the body. They got exactly what they asked for, including no neck pocket hole. From memory Pit Bull helped them out with that issue.
All things considered I think it’s worth a shot. Prepare your instructions as best you can (assume nothing) and cross your fingers.
I think the instructions sent from Pit Bull to the factory are clear and detailed.
My last two custom orders were faultless.

Edit:
Hang in there. Reading that they had some computer issues in your other thread makes sense because I’ve always found responses to be swift.