PDA

View Full Version : Still looking to offer kits?

Dacious
15-08-2020, 10:13 PM
My friend has two amps from this mob. They make a variety of different levels of amp from kits on up. I think they supply people like MojoTone and Stewmac

My friend's got a 5E3 Tweed Deluxe and JTM45 head and cabinet from them. Came with handwired tagboards. Even landed in Oz they were pretty well priced, less than Ceriatone kits.

https://www.bestamp-guitar.com/

king casey
16-08-2020, 06:12 AM
Whilst browsing this site I came away with a tired old cliche.

'If you have to ask for the price you probably cannot afford it'.

cheers, Mark.

Dacious
16-08-2020, 09:34 PM
Whilst browsing this site I came away with a tired old cliche.

'If you have to ask for the price you probably cannot afford it'.

cheers, Mark.

Well, I know my friend got his JTM50 head and 2 x 12 box, fitted with Greenbacks for around $1200 delivered in Australia. The tolex is a fair replica of the Marshall levant, got piping and gold control plate with Marshall type knobs, no badges. And inside it's not PCB, it's turretboard wired. Ply cabinet, not MDF. It sounds like a JTM45 - got solidstate rectifier rather than tube.

They will supply you empty boxes, amps with no tubes, kits or bare chassis. His 5E3 was about $600 landed with an Emi Legend speaker. Tweed covered pine. It developed a fault - turned out to be a preamp tube heater solder joint which I fixed. It came with Shuguang tubes, which lasted a fair while. He's had it ten years.

I have no affiliation, just passing on the contact. I've had both amps in piece and voltages inside are spot on for the schematic. They aren't boutique bits inside, but better than Fender Blues or Hotrod or Vox Chinese amps. And being tagboard or turret board they're easy to maintain.

You are dealing with the company who makes them, so standard is get a price by email. Depends where you are and what you want.

king casey
17-08-2020, 05:00 AM
No worries. I was just perusing the guitar kits section.
Just browsing mind...decided out of curiosity to try and discover what they are charging.

You have to send an email expressing interest.
It's a way to discourage the penniless tyre-kickers like myself.

cheers, Mark.