PDA

View Full Version : Slug repellent for my strat

jugglindan
27-07-2020, 03:20 PM
With this rainy weather, my strat has been plagued by snails and slugs. Fortunately there's this Slug Snail Copper Barrier Tape Repellent for Strat Tele Guitar (https://www.amazon.com.au/Flameer-Copper-Barrier-Repellent-Guitar/dp/B07N1SYT7K/).

Ironically, there appears to be no evidence that this copper tape actually deters snails or slugs. But it does make good guitar shielding.

Bakersdozen
27-07-2020, 03:21 PM
With this rainy weather, my strat has been plagued by snails and slugs. Fortunately there's this Slug Snail Copper Barrier Tape Repellent for Strat Tele Guitar (https://www.amazon.com.au/Flameer-Copper-Barrier-Repellent-Guitar/dp/B07N1SYT7K/).

Ironically, there appears to be no evidence that this copper tape actually deters snails or slugs. But it does make good guitar shielding.Yes and cheap and quickly available. Works great and conductive on both sides.

Simon Barden
27-07-2020, 03:29 PM
I've never found any slugs on my guitars, so it must work!

JimC
27-07-2020, 06:53 PM
Cat repellant on the other hand...

dozymuppet
27-07-2020, 08:41 PM
"Cat Piss Shielding for Jazz and Precision Basses"

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

dave.king1
28-07-2020, 06:53 AM
Used this on my last couple of builds and still have enough to do dozens more.

It takes solder well and the electrical properties are the same as the other stuff at a fraction of the price so win win

jugglindan
28-07-2020, 09:07 AM
Used this on my last couple of builds and still have enough to do dozens more.

It takes solder well and the electrical properties are the same as the other stuff at a fraction of the price so win win

And hopefully it stops the slugs and snails from nesting in the control cavity as well.

Simon Barden
28-07-2020, 02:48 PM
Though you don't want all the pole-pieces in your humbuckers to disappear.

fender3x
30-07-2020, 06:10 AM
I used to live in Seattle, which is like Disneyland for slugs. Nevertheless, I cannot confirm one way or other whether slugs are repelled either by copper tape or by strats. They do seem to like grunge music.