PDA

View Full Version : Maton Exhibition

Rabbitz
25-07-2020, 06:25 AM
For those in Sydney:

https://maas.museum/event/maton-australias-guitar/

Maton: Australia’s Guitar is the largest retrospective of Australia’s leading guitar manufacturer. In this major survey, over 130 guitars will traverse the history of Maton, drawing on more than 70 years of music.

Fretworn
25-07-2020, 01:09 PM
Thinking of going. Especially as it’s free.

dave.king1
25-07-2020, 03:18 PM
There's an L202 on the wall, I let my badly butchered one go for a couple of cartons of Coopers Pale Ale.

The next owner restored it as best he could and like me couldn't bond with it so he put it up for sale and got $3.4K for it, the buyer was informed that it wasn't original and what had been done to it so no fraud happening there.

It was a short scale pig of a thing but it was also another rarity that I let go

Fretworn
04-10-2020, 05:38 AM
Finally got to go to this yesterday. It’s good that’s free, because you will probably only spend 30 minutes in there max. There are some interesting pieces in there. I never realised that Maton were making Tele and LP copies in the 70s and Strat and Super-Strat copies in the 80s. In the 60s they also fell into the plethora of knobs and switches that some of the Japanese and Italian guitars of the period did. I also never realised they had their own amps in the 60s and 70s.

dave.king1
04-10-2020, 07:31 AM
I also never realised they had their own amps in the 60s and 70s.

Until I ran out of time I was restoring a Maton amp for one of my mates