PDA

View Full Version : Dingotone Neck Final Coat

Rodc
03-06-2020, 05:20 AM
Hi guys, when I ordered the Dingotone kit I didn't see the final coat for the neck on the PB site. I figured to just go with the neck final coat using what came in the kit for the body like they did in the vid. Would that work ok do you know?

Andy40
04-06-2020, 03:43 PM
Unfortunately Rod the final coat for the body just wont cut it in the neck. its too soft.

That being said, its up to your preference how you want to finish the neck. If its a maple neck, you can stain it and sand it back ultra fine and leave it to your hand to oil it up or wax it.

You can stain it and use Tru Oil (my preference on both body and neck rather than DT final coat) which comes out as a really hard finish, dries fast and is a bit easier to work with. Being on the Goldy mate you should be able to pick up tru oil pretty damn easy.

Rodc
04-06-2020, 05:03 PM
Unfortunately Rod the final coat for the body just wont cut it in the neck. its too soft.

That being said, its up to your preference how you want to finish the neck. If its a maple neck, you can stain it and sand it back ultra fine and leave it to your hand to oil it up or wax it.

You can stain it and use Tru Oil (my preference on both body and neck rather than DT final coat) which comes out as a really hard finish, dries fast and is a bit easier to work with. Being on the Goldy mate you should be able to pick up tru oil pretty damn easy.

Thank you very much Andy! That's the answer I was looking for. I had my suspensions it wouldn't cut it. I found it here at a Gun shop. I will get a bottle tomorrow. That info saved me a lot of heart ache and extra work! Thanks again Andy..