PDA

View Full Version : Wiring diagram GS-7Q

Metalspoon
18-05-2020, 09:38 PM
I can’t find anything for my kit, it’s 2 7 string humbuckers that have 3 wires each 1 tone 1 volume and a 3 way switch

Simon Barden
18-05-2020, 10:05 PM
Are there two insulated wires and a braided wire? And are the colours for both pickups the same? Can you post a picture of the pickup wire ends, as it makes it a lot easier.

There are so many variations on the pickups supplied with the kits that it's not always easy to tell what's going on.

Do you have, or have access to a multimeter (in case it's not obvious what's what)?

Metalspoon
18-05-2020, 10:09 PM
Yeah so theirs 2 braided cables a white and a red(presuming hot), a green and a bare(presuming earth) and a black wire (the site won’t let me upload photos for some reason

Simon Barden
18-05-2020, 10:36 PM
Too big. max 1500 pixels on any one side and just less than 1MB in size. Microsoft photo can resize pictures, and the Tapatalk app can do it when downloading them. Or host elsewhere and link.

Chaosblade
19-05-2020, 01:23 AM
Sounds like a 5 wire humbucker. Assuming it is Artec (may or may not be):

Red and white together means it is pre-wired in series, you leave them as is.
Bare will be a ground for the pickup hardware.
Black is ground for the pickup wiring.
Green is your hot.

If you want to do a mod and separate the red and white, white will be a hot and red will be ground.

If it's from a different manufacturer the hots and grounds might be reversed, since pickup makers tend to do their own thing.

Borgs
12-06-2020, 06:42 AM
Hi Borgs here. I am very confused. I bought the TB 4 Bass and the wiring diagram supplied is not very helpful. There are 5 wires comin out of each pickup. Is there anybody out there that can send me a picture of how to wire up and more specific. Thanks mate.

JohnH
12-06-2020, 10:02 AM
Hi Borgs here. I am very confused. I bought the TB 4 Bass and the wiring diagram supplied is not very helpful. There are 5 wires comin out of each pickup. Is there anybody out there that can send me a picture of how to wire up and more specific. Thanks mate.

Hi Borgs, it might be worth starting a build diary here:

https://www.buildyourownguitar.com.au/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=56

Then people can help with issues specific to your kit/build