PDA

View Full Version : DHB-5, Inspired by KTone Bass?

MusicStudent1
11-03-2020, 01:08 PM
I am interested in the DHB-5 Bass kit. Does anyone know what inspired this kit? It kind of looks like a Les Paul bass of some kind. I like the fact that it is a 5 string instrument. I did find a photo of a 4 string “KTone” Bass. It seems that’s what it will look like when finished.

Any info would be appreciated, thanks!

Cliff Rogers
11-03-2020, 02:46 PM
Looks like an Ibenez artcore.

Simon Barden
11-03-2020, 04:42 PM
The K-Tone headstock shape certainly looks identical to one of the Ibanez headstock shapes first used in the 1970s, but K-Tone seem to be a newish Chinese brand. So I'd guess the kit comes from the factory that makes the K-Tone bass and may be the very same bass in unassembled form.

Undoubtedly Les Paul bass inspired, but they were either solid bodied or the semi-hollow ES version had double F-holes.

MusicStudent1
21-03-2020, 03:47 AM
The K-Tone headstock shape certainly looks identical to one of the Ibanez headstock shapes first used in the 1970s, but K-Tone seem to be a newish Chinese brand. So I'd guess the kit comes from the factory that makes the K-Tone bass and may be the very same bass in unassembled form.

Undoubtedly Les Paul bass inspired, but they were either solid bodied or the semi-hollow ES version had double F-holes.

Thanks, Simon. Thanks, Cliff. -Jim