Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Close to pulling the trigger

A few more novice questions finishing:

-Will the fingerboard need to be sanded or just oiled?

-Tru Oil is only available in 3 ounce/90 ml bottles where I live. How many coats of the neck, body and headstock should I expect to get from this?

Should the ash body be sanded before applying filler and then sanded again after? Or is all sanding done after applying filler? If sanding is done before and after, what grade paper is used to sand off the filler?

@Andy40 I'd be keen to hear your advice on this too if possible please mate

I haven't been able to start my build yet. It'll be a few more weeks before my kit arrives. In the meantime I've been reading and rereading all about what to do and how to do it. Seems like every time I read I learn something new. Hopefully my first build will turn out as nice as the ones I've seen here. But I also hope it plays great too. I'm from the US but currently working in China. I've got my acoustic/electric but not my Gibson SG. I'm hoping this Tele kit will fill in.

I've also started compiling all the tools I'll need and I just received a Telecaster hybrid pick guard that I ordered.

Hopefully my next post will be of me with my kit.

Well, it's going to be a bit longer before this project gets started. As mentioned previously I had a couple of special requests which required my kit to be custom ordered. It was supposed to be shipped from the factory today. Fortunately Adam sent me a photo before they mailed it. There was one glaring mistake: I ordered a Thinline Telecasater and this was the traditional style body.

I'm waiting to hear back from Adam regarding how much longer it'll be to get this corrected. It's taken 11 weeks to get to this point.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2