Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Hello! Awaiting the GR-1sf

I thought that International posting was pretty quick but Simon Barden could probably answer that better.

I was just eyeing off those TV Jones Filtertrons
    Build #1 - ST-1 - Completed
    Build #2 - LP-1SS - Completed
    Build #3 - TLA-1R - Completed
    Build #4 - SGD-612 - Completed
    Build #5 - ES-1G - Completed
    Build #6 - STA-1HT | Completed
    Build #7 - ST1JR - Completed
    Current Build #8 - JBA-4
    Build #9 - Semi-scratch build Tele x 2 - Completed
    Current Build #10 - PRS-1H
    Current Build #11 - AGJR-1 - Completed
    Current Build #12 - ATL-1SB
    Current Build #13 - GST-1
    Current Build #14 - FBM-1

Quote Originally Posted by Andy40 View Post
    I thought that International posting was pretty quick but Simon Barden could probably answer that better.

I was just eyeing off those TV Jones Filtertrons
    Yep. They are nice -

Thanks. I did too. I have record of it leaving Perth on the 1st... and nothing since. I’m trying not to be inpatient. Ha ha. It was already delayed as the factory had run out of basswood.

The good news was that it was made from mohogany instead. - I just thought it might have been a bit quicker. Or at least given an estimated time of arrival.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Normally just a couple of days... then our customs an post office issues..who send you a postcard to say its here and how much duty is paid... so around 8 days it has been for me....

Quote Originally Posted by chrissyinbkk View Post
    Normally just a couple of days... then our customs an post office issues..who send you a postcard to say its here and how much duty is paid... so around 8 days it has been for me....
    Ahh ok. That’s ok then. I’ve not had confirmation that it’s actually arrived in the UK yet. But that maybe just customs delays too. Does the postcard get sent t the delivery address? I’m guessing so. I’m having this sent to my work so I’ll go an check with the goods inwards team.

Or maybe it’s stopped off in Bangkok for a wild weekend....

Thanks lads.

This was the last thing I got on the 1st

It can really get slowed up at the UK end, especially at the moment with Christmas/New Year meaning lots of people will have been off and some backlogs. From experience it typically takes 7-8 days to pass through customs before being passed on to the Post Office (at which point you may see 'attempted delivery' on the tracking detail, which isn't true but seems to be the way they get it on their system when there are customs fees to pay) who will then take a couple of days to get the card out giving the duty, VAT and handling charge costs. You can pay that on line and normally get it delivered the next day, or go to the depot, pay there and pick it up.

The kit will have experienced a lot of climatic change, and will have been sitting in cold warehouses in the UK, so it's best to wait a week or so before the body/neck join settles down to see how loose/tight the join actually is. I couldn't fit the neck of my ES-3 in properly before I put it aside and waited.

Thanks Simon, thats a great help. I guess i'm just being impatient. My only concern was that there was no statement of arriving in the UK but I guess it might be until it "clears" in customs that it might not have "officially" arrived... Thanks for the advice on the neck join etc. i will be giving it a good long rest here before the work commences.

Thanks again everyone. I'll keep you all posted. i'm sure you are just SOOOOOO anxious about it all!! - Don't let it keep you all up!

On a side note - something to keep you all envious. i work as a designer for a jukebox manufacturer in the Uk and my next project is a custom box.... for Marshall Amps.. If you ever get a chance to go look around the factory in milton keynes jump at it.. it's a great place!

The wait is excruciating, I’m sure everyone understands.

Kit arrived. Went to collect. Haven’t opened box yet. V excited. On with build diary

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2