Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Crybaby Restoration

Thanks mate Jaycar it is then your probly right, spending the $ on orange caps isnt really worth it. Appreciate all your help

Quote Originally Posted by Bakersdozen View Post
    Thanks mate Jaycar it is then your probly right, spending the $ on orange caps isnt really worth it. Appreciate all your help

There's nothing stopping you from putting orange drops in your Wah if that's what you want to do, yeah you can get those resistors from Jaycar, they sell packs of 300 1% metal film resistors in various values, I bought a pack so that I've got them if/when I need them, no worries at all, only too happy to help out whenever I can.

Bag of 300 1% metal film resistors:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	300 Resistors_resized.jpg 
Views:	131 
Size:	238.1 KB 
ID:	29603
    Last edited by DrNomis_44; 02-01-2019 at 02:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DrNomis_44 View Post
    There's nothing stopping you from putting orange drops in your Wah if that's what you want to do, yeah you can get those resistors from Jaycar, they sell packs of 300 1% metal film resistors in various values, I bought a pack so that I've got them if/when I need them, no worries at all, only too happy to help out whenever I can.

Bag of 300 1% metal film resistors:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	300 Resistors_resized.jpg 
Views:	131 
Size:	238.1 KB 
ID:	29603
    Hi Doc, I've added the 1M resistor (from Jaycar #RR0644) across the tip and sleeve on the input socket and the pop still occurs. Is this what you meant, or have I missed something? Any other ideas?

Gain and vocal mod were a success, swapped out 2 resistors and makes a world of difference.

Really happy with all the mods now, apart from this dang popping .. I should note that I have removed the led from the equation to test and that doesn't fix the issue.

Edit: have now tried the pulldown resistor on all combinations of input / output jacks. And from the circuit input and output lugs on the switch to ground. No luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Bakersdozen View Post
    Hi Doc, I've added the 1M resistor (from Jaycar #RR0644) across the tip and sleeve on the input socket and the pop still occurs. Is this what you meant, or have I missed something? Any other ideas?

Gain and vocal mod were a success, swapped out 2 resistors and makes a world of difference.

Really happy with all the mods now, apart from this dang popping .. I should note that I have removed the led from the equation to test and that doesn't fix the issue.

Edit: have now tried the pulldown resistor on all combinations of input / output jacks. And from the circuit input and output lugs on the switch to ground. No luck.

The Sleeve connection is actually the one to the left of the middle one, the middle one is the ring connection, shouldn't make much difference though since the middle and left connection get shorted together when you plug a 6.5mm Tip/Sleeve plug in it, I'll have to do a bit of thinking to figure out what else could be causing the popping sound.

Quote Originally Posted by DrNomis_44 View Post
    The Sleeve connection is actually the one to the left of the middle one, the middle one is the ring connection, shouldn't make much difference though since the middle and left connection get shorted together when you plug a 6.5mm Tip/Sleeve plug in it, I'll have to do a bit of thinking to figure out what else could be causing the popping sound.
    That's what I figured. I did also try directly on the far left as well with no luck.

Finally all fixed after waiting for a new switch. Must have burnt out the previous one and was causing issues with led and popping. Was very careful with this one and took my time to ensure good, clean and fast solders.

Sorry again Sonic for hijacking your thread mate. Regular viewing is now resumed.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4