Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: AG-2 first kit build

Question for the experts. I've given the bridge mount holes, control holes and tuner holes a couple of coats of primer to seal them; do I mask them off before spraying coloured coats? And if the answer's yes, how?

Sent from my SM-J120ZN using Tapatalk

I am no expert but...

I don't usually seal the bridge mount holes or spray them, the post bushings are a really tight fit so, what ever you put in there you may need to sand them out later. I would mask them off by cutting a bit of sponge and stuffing in down into the post holes (PS I do this with F holes too - remember that for you next hollow body build)

I prefer them raw and put parrafin wax in them. Its really just to stop the water getting in there and swelling underneath the paint job when you are wet sanding. Also the parrafin wax helps to pull the post bushings back out .....when you make a mistake....which sometimes happens......
    Build #1 - ST-1 - Completed
    Build #2 - LP-1SS - Completed
    Build #3 - TLA-1R - Completed
    Build #4 - SGD-612 - Completed
    Build #5 - ES-1G - Completed
    Build #6 - STA-1HT | Completed
    Build #7 - ST1JR - Completed
    Current Build #8 - JBA-4
    Build #9 - Semi-scratch build Tele x 2 - Completed
    Current Build #10 - PRS-1H
    Current Build #11 - AGJR-1 - Completed
    Current Build #12 - ATL-1SB
    Current Build #13 - GST-1
    Current Build #14 - FBM-1

Excellent. Thanks Andy. I'll have to find some sponge.

First colour coat on. I let my eldest pick the colour so it was always going to be green, ha ha. A bit thick on the headstock but nice and thin on the body.

This is shaping up really well. I like the subtle bevel on the headstock to match the body - which you've also absolutely nailed. SGs just don't look the part without it.

Thanks! I'm not super convinced by my spray painting so far but I'll take my time.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3