Oh I see, fair enough.
    Build 1 - Shoegazer MK1 JMA-1
    Build 2 - The Relliecaster TL-1
    Build 3 - The Black Cherry SG AG-1
    Build 4 - The Sonicaster TL-1ish
    Build 5 - The Steampunker Bass YB-4
    Build 6 - The Howling Gowing ST-1

"What I lack in talent I make up for with enthusiasm"

This guitar has been sitting for a long time not getting any work done on it. Was waiting for it to get warmer to do some more clear coats after sanding it months ago.

But tonight I did something possibly a bit crazy. I sanded the top back to (mostly) bare wood and re-stained using the Angelus leather dyes I recently bought. Blue with purple to black burst. Certainly is a much richer colour now.

Sanding back I noticed all of the glue spots, which I now recall may have been one of the reasons the top ended up quite dark. I went over them all again with acetone and some sand paper to try and improve the staining of those areas. I was quite happy that they didn't seem to be much of an issue for the spirit based dyes.

I left the horns black and have a thin black "burst" around the body. Looking at the guitar now I think I might sand back the horns too and just do the same thin black line around the whole body.

Last edited by kuanjb; 09-10-2020 at 12:57 AM.

Yes, either that or stain the horns a solid black. But I’d go with all-purple myself.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7