Here are some observations:

1. Any damp cloth you use to wipe down your guitar is going to contain trace amounts of surfactants from the laundry soap used to wash the cloth. I just tried rinsing, wringing, rinsing over and over. And I still see suds in the little dish I use to squeeze the water into. Apparently this either does nothing harmful or most likely helps anything water based adhere to the wood.

2. I’m pretty sure I’ve been applying grain filler, sanding it off, reapplying, sanding again, over and over. Same with sanding sealer. It seems the best way to use these products is to sand really lightly because after about 10 hours of cumulative total sanding between coats over the course of a few weeks, my kit looks only marginally different than when I first opened the box, ha ha! Maybe all that work will pay off with the first color coat.

3. I’m debating whether or not to apply a Krylon white primer coat once I’m done with the sanding sealer. That stuff is pretty good and I think in order to see a smooth surface, that’s going to be a necessity.

Since my EX-5 kit doesn’t look any different, there’s no point in posting photos. Will post when something significant happens.