Thread: 500K pot required

500K pot required

Greetings all,

After nearly 50 years the pot in the volume pedal of my mates pedal steel has finally died and I need to find a suitable replacement in a hurry as we are due to record again on Wednesday night.

It's an Allen & Bradley pot, the markings on the back are as follows and as near as I can find on the net it's telling me it's a Log pot with a 10% taper.

A-B
    93869B
    A-500K
    Type J

Has anyone out there got an equivalent listing and then somewhere in Sydney I might find one

Getting a A-B pot at such short notice will be difficult. Maybe an equivalent will get you out of troble for the moment.

Best I can suggest is RS. You could also try Evacto or Element 14 or as a last resort Ebay.

https://au.rs-online.com/web/c/passi...ons=4292338639

Thanks Marcel, I'll grab whatever I can to get us out of trouble and Wes can order from the US if he's not all that happy with the result.

I knew I left someone off the list...lol ... Pretty bad of me considering how much I spent with them in the past month, though none of it was for 500k pots ...

This is the mob in the US that were recommended to me just a few minutes ago, not cheap but top shelf

http://www.tonetronix.com/mm5/merchant.mvc