Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Witto's 2nd build.. The Mossie is here !

Happy with my shims and neck fit is snug as! now. (Needs a firm hand to push it into the pocket now, and it seats admirably firmly but still removably).

Going to pick up some 12mm dowel from Bunnings, for the bridge post holes today.
    Decision made, I'm definitely going with the roller bridge, and mounting it vertically as opposed to offset.
    Still out to lunch regarding using a Moslike trem, or just keeping it simple and going with the stock To'M stop.

Feels good to be on the move again with this project.

that's a pretty common toss the black plastic its not needed as Simon said you could re dowel the hole and re drill it that's what i do once it bolted up you wont see it you can get 4mm-5mm dowel from a hobby shop they use it as wooden ship model masts
    Last edited by phrozin; 26-08-2018 at 03:49 AM.

3. Liked by: wcieslik

All warts and glory. Well... More warts than glory atmo, but getting there! More work needed on B and G nut slots and some remedial work required to hide an errant drill hole. Luckily, I have mastered this dowel plugging gig!

Sent from my D6653 using Tapatalk
    TL-1 (just arrived)
    IB-1S
    MK-2
    RC-1

Updating the build diary.

TL-1 (just arrived)
    IB-1S
    MK-2
    RC-1

Twas a busy day.

TL-1 (just arrived)
    IB-1S
    MK-2
    RC-1

Hopefully enough polishing will fill the crack

TL-1 (just arrived)
    IB-1S
    MK-2
    RC-1

Wiring complete and working.

TL-1 (just arrived)
    IB-1S
    MK-2
    RC-1

In pieces again, to start the finnish. Neck first. In gloss jarrah.

TL-1 (just arrived)
    IB-1S
    MK-2
    RC-1

I see you've dowelled and re-sited the bridge posts, presumable as they were slightly out of line with the roller bridge ? I wasn't going to bother but with the anniversary of Johnny's death last Saturday lots of photos kept appearing on social media. It was only then I noticed that the stop on his white guitar is a lot further back, past the lead jack socket. I've decided to put mine there too and also take the opportunity to check the bridge posts now I've screwed the neck on as it appears to be about 1mm out of square when measured from the last fret. They're also a little bit loose.

11. Liked by: wcieslik

Quote Originally Posted by Mosrite Slab View Post
    I see you've dowelled and re-sited the bridge posts, presumable as they were slightly out of line with the roller bridge ? I wasn't going to bother but with the anniversary of Johnny's death last Saturday lots of photos kept appearing on social media. It was only then I noticed that the stop on his white guitar is a lot further back, past the lead jack socket. I've decided to put mine there too and also take the opportunity to check the bridge posts now I've screwed the neck on as it appears to be about 1mm out of square when measured from the last fret. They're also a little bit loose.
    Yes. I had to dowel the bridge posts too. They were really loose. Too loose to use as they were. Have decided to go without a trem. But am changing the pickups to 2 x humbuckers. So making a new scratch plate to suit. Also had to dowel a hole I put through the back... Oops. Long funny story.

TL-1 (just arrived)
    IB-1S
    MK-2
    RC-1

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast