Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: ST-1JR 3/4 Size Stratocaster

ST-1JR 3/4 Size Stratocaster

On a pre-build set up I find that the bridge routing hole is too far from the nut so that the bridge position is 10mm too long. If I were to re-rout the front of the hole then that would leave a gap behind the bridge plate which I would rather not fill as I plan on sunburst finish. Any clues anyone?

Can you send a pic?

The neck is seated properly and the bridge is hard up against the nut end of the hole. The recommended scale length is 572mm.
    That leaves me with 2 options, re rout the hole and have a gap or shorten the neck and have a sloppy joint.
    Well 3 options really; a replacement body or neck from Pitbull.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20230405_182013.jpg 
Views:	91 
Size:	223.3 KB 
ID:	44167  
    Last edited by knbuild; 05-04-2023 at 04:57 PM.

I think I'd ask Adam. I see on the interwebs that 3/4's can vary between 22.3 and 24, but if the scale is supposed to be 22.5 that looks a bit too long.

Do you plan to use the trem? If not I can think of one more option ... But I'd still get in contact with Adam.

BTW, have you checked the scale length? If you don't have have a serrated straight edge yet, a guitar repair shop should. It's possible you have a full sized neck.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20230405_192532.jpg 
Size:	58.6 KB 
ID:	44168

Sent from my LE2125 using Tapatalk

I don't know what I was thinking. If the scale length is 572, it should measure 286 from the bridge side of the nut to the center of the 12th fret. (Picture palm slap to forehead here)

Sent from my LE2125 using Tapatalk

6. Liked by: McCreed

I contacted Adam who immediately sent a replacement neck and body. Good service eh?

8. Liked by: McCreed

That is nice!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	revised stain 3.jpg 
Size:	47.6 KB 
ID:	44257
    If this photo comes through, it is the sunburst done as follows:
    Feast Watson spirit stain golden oak and mahogany mixed with Japan black diluted with ordinary thinners.
    first application, brush Golden Oak sealed with rattle can acrylic spirit based clear. Between uses I put the rattle can head down in a jam tin with thinners. Next brush edges with dark mahogany and gradually dilute the stain as you progress inwards. Sometimes you will need to blend hard edges with tired 400 grit paper. If you muck it up simply sand back and repeat.

Just checking alignment to determine bridge position.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	checking bridge position.jpg 
Views:	99 
Size:	133.8 KB 
ID:	44295

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	coating final copy.jpeg 
Views:	88 
Size:	128.7 KB 
ID:	44296Coating with rattle can acrylic.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast