So this isn't on one of my PBG builds, but another guitar I'm working on. Hopefully someone here has the answer so that when I sand this down and do it again, I don't have to repeat.

Before I put the clearcoat on this one, I couldn't really see these "dirty spots," (of course there were a lot of scratches from wet sanding) but once the clear was on, they popped up all over the place. I sanded the clear off in one spot which seemed to be the worst (pictured) and tried to sand the spots out, but it didn't really work, despite sanding a bit too deep on the corner, as you can see. Since I was looking at a complete sanding I hit it with clear again hoping for a miracle, but it looks even dirtier.

It's a rattle-can finish, but the same types of primer, paint and clear that I've been using on other builds, and this is the first time I've had this particular problem. Of course, it's also the lightest color I've ever tried to spray. My first thought is that the paint may have been a little too soft still when I did the wet sand, but I don't know.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	spots.jpg 
Views:	166 
Size:	66.8 KB 
ID:	26492