Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: New here

I don't understand something on the site shop : I have to choose between "no hardware" / "gold hardware" / "silver hardware". I saw that there is black hardware with the guitar, so if I choose "no hardware", will the black hardware be with the guitar ? It's strange to choose "I don't need any hardware" when you want some black hardware... It's not a critic, just need a confirmation
    Thanx in advance,
    Guillaume

Overlord of Music
    Quote Originally Posted by yom31 View Post
    I don't understand something on the site shop : I have to choose between "no hardware" / "gold hardware" / "silver hardware". I saw that there is black hardware with the guitar, so if I choose "no hardware", will the black hardware be with the guitar ? It's strange to choose "I don't need any hardware" when you want some black hardware... It's not a critic, just need a confirmation
    Thanx in advance,
    Guillaume
    If you choose "I don't need any hardware" you will receive no hardware, just the guitar body and the neck. There might be a slight problem with that listing as there is definitely black hardware in the pics but no option to choose it. Send Adam an email and he will be able to sort it out for you.
    'As long as there's, you know, sex and drugs, I can do without the rock and roll.'

Before you order make sure you are confident with positioning and drilling for the bridge as this is the only guitar of this style that does not come with the bridge holes pre-drilled.
    Current:
    GTH-1

Completed:
    AST-1FB
    First Act ME276 (resurrected curb-side find)
    ES-5V
    Scratchie lapsteel
    Custom ST-1 12 String
    JBA-4
    TL-1TB
    Scratch Lapsteel
    Meinl DIY Cajon
    Cigar Box lap steel

Wishing:
    Baritone
    Open D/Standard Double 6 twin neck

It's a new kit to Pit Bull, so there's no build diaries (as far asI'm aware) to show what other people have done with this kit.

The best style of bridge to use depends on the neck angle. If it's quite shallow, so there's not a lot of space between the body and where the strings should go (use a long straight edge to check after clamping the neck in place), then a hardtail Fender style bridge might be best, rather than a tune-o-matic. It's hard to tell from the photos, but the top seems gently curved at the edges, with the bridge area looking flat. So a bridge of this sort might be easiest to fit.

If the top is curved, or the strings need to sit higher from the body than that style of bridge can cope with, then the tune-o-matic style bridge is probably best - though you could still fit a wrap-over bridge instead. But then you will need to make very careful measurements before drilling the post holes.

If you aren't confident about drilling the bridge holes, then I strongly suggest looking round for another kit.

Thanx for advice ! That's the kit I want so, I'll do what it takes to build it If I'm not sure, I'll ask a luthier near my city.
    I'll email Adam for the hardware. Thanx again !

Gill, you will have many, many questions to ask here, and these blokes are the ones to ask. You will love building your first kit!

hello all,
    i'm back !
    this model Click image for larger version. 

Name:	index.jpg 
Views:	120 
Size:	170.2 KB 
ID:	27459is nomore avalaible ?

Quote Originally Posted by yom31 View Post
    hello all,
    i'm back !
    this model Click image for larger version. 

Name:	index.jpg 
Views:	120 
Size:	170.2 KB 
ID:	27459is nomore avalaible ?
    Private message Adam and see what is happening with them.
    Current:
    GTH-1

Completed:
    AST-1FB
    First Act ME276 (resurrected curb-side find)
    ES-5V
    Scratchie lapsteel
    Custom ST-1 12 String
    JBA-4
    TL-1TB
    Scratch Lapsteel
    Meinl DIY Cajon
    Cigar Box lap steel

Wishing:
    Baritone
    Open D/Standard Double 6 twin neck

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2