Thread: Touch guitar; yes, please to a Bass VI

Touch guitar; yes, please to a Bass VI

I have only just joined the forum - my first kit arrives in August - so, it might be a little premature for me to start suggesting kits but would a touch guitar-style kit be feasible or even a Chapman Stick-type instrument? I know Krappy Guitars in the US give them a crack - custom not kits.

Also, I'd add my voice to a Bass VI. One of my regrets is not picking up an Ibanez SRC6 - their more modern take on the VI. (More generally, is it possible to customise any of the available kits to a baritone?)

Quote Originally Posted by Knunney View Post
    I have only just joined the forum - my first kit arrives in August - so, it might be a little premature for me to start suggesting kits but would a touch guitar-style kit be feasible or even a Chapman Stick-type instrument? I know Krappy Guitars in the US give them a crack - custom not kits.

Also, I'd add my voice to a Bass VI. One of my regrets is not picking up an Ibanez SRC6 - their more modern take on the VI. (More generally, is it possible to customise any of the available kits to a baritone?)
    The baritone questions has been asked many times over the last 4 years. The factory doesn't have the jigs for this, and have some difficulty with translating the requirements for one.

There has been one successful conversion of a HB bass kit into a baritone guitar, and there have been some attempts using custom, scratch built necks.
    Current:
    GTH-1

Completed:
    AST-1FB
    First Act ME276 (resurrected curb-side find)
    ES-5V
    Scratchie lapsteel
    Custom ST-1 12 String
    JBA-4
    TL-1TB
    Scratch Lapsteel
    Meinl DIY Cajon
    Cigar Box lap steel

Wishing:
    Baritone
    Open D/Standard Double 6 twin neck

Thank you, Fretworn. Well, the mooted Bass VI kit will give me enough to pine over. I know some people string their Bass VIs to baritone tuning so perhaps the kit can be seen in that way as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Knunney View Post
    ... would a touch guitar-style kit be feasible or even a Chapman Stick-type instrument? I know Krappy Guitars in the US give them a crack - custom not kits.
    I'd be all over a Chapman Stick or Mobius Megatar type of kit. I know there probably wouldn't be a big demand for such a beast, but I'd definitely buy one.

More double neck varieties would get my attention as well.
    What Did You Play Today? ~PJS~

Build #1) KH-1 - November 2019 GOTM