Thread: Prefer kit guitar over brands?

Prefer kit guitar over brands?

I thought it would be interesting to see if anyone had a kit guitar that they loved and used as thier main weapon of choice despite owning brand name guitars?

Why is it your favorite? What is it about yours that makes it a better playing guitar then the off the shelf brand guitars?

I'd you have pics we should see them!

Sent from my Moto G (5S) Plus using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Derek82 View Post
    I thought it would be interesting to see if anyone had a kit guitar that they loved and used as thier main weapon of choice despite owning brand name guitars?

Why is it your favorite? What is it about yours that makes it a better playing guitar then the off the shelf brand guitars?

I'd you have pics we should see them!

Sent from my Moto G (5S) Plus using Tapatalk
    I played my strat kit guitar last night at a gig and once I dial in the set-up my Gretch Powerjet will be relegated to back-up duties. It’s just so comfortable.

Robbo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Overlord of Music Sonic Mountain's Avatar
    While its on loan at the moment, when its around the Shoegazer gets played a lot, probably more than the Hagstom, mostly because its out and not packed away in a case most of the time.

The others I haven't found as enjoyable, but its because I decided to try out various different string gauges, so they have 10', 11's and a custom set on them and I'm too much of a wuss for those. I'm going to restring them all with Super Slinkys and see if that makes me like the more.
    Build 1 - Shoegazer MK1 JMA-1
    Build 2 - The Relliecaster TL-1
    Build 3 - The Black Cherry SG AG-1
    Build 4 - The Sonicaster TL-1ish
    Build 5 - The Steampunker Bass YB-4
    Build 6 - The Howling Gowing ST-1

"What I lack in talent I make up for with enthusiasm"

Anybody who repairs guitars for a living will tell that having a "brand" name guitar is not an automatic guarantee of excellence. It gives you a higher probability that it will be a superior instrument, but that's about it. A lot of the time owning a brand name guitar is more about being taken seriously by your fellow musicians than the actual quality of the instrument....

I prefer my Pitbull LPJnr over anything else I own, it never gets cased.
    Build 19 PSH-1 Kustom
    Build 18 HB-4S Kustom
    Build 17 WL-1 Kustom
    Build 16 TL-1TB Kustom
    Build 15 PBG-2-
    Build 14 FTD-1
    Build 13 RD-1 Kustom
    Build 12 DM-1S
    Build 11 MKA-2 -
    Build 10 Basic strat
    Build 9 JM Kustom
    Build 8 FV-1G
    Build 7 ES-2V
    Build 6- Community prototype
    Build 5 LP-1LQ
    Build 4 ES-5V
    Build 3 JR-1
    Build 2 GD-1
    Build 1 TLA-1

I have an Ibanez Ergodyne bass - beautifully set up and balanced - haven't played it for a couple of years - currently predominantly play a VP-4 bass (not currently available), or a JB-4. Will probably start using a JBA-4 shortly (just needs a setup).

Photos here: http://www.buildyourownguitar.com.au...ead.php?t=2759