Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast

Thread: Igor gets the Blues, The FrankenLab Reso Project.

Well, your battery will be always on (unless the pre-amp has an on/off switch). You could switch it via a TRS jack socket, with the OV battery output connected to the S connection of the jack and the R connected back to the pre-amp (and you use a standard TS jack lead).

Your tone capacitor should be a 0.047uF, not 0.47uF.

In the mixed position, you'll need to use the pre-amps volume control to balance the two pickups. If you have to turn it down a lot, it may be worth fitting an internal volume pot to set the level when the pre-amp output volume is at maximum, to give you a wider range of control.

Right you are 0.047uF got that, TRS? OV? S? R? TS? I’m a bit lost on the acronyms there Mr. Barden, sorry the electrickery side of things is not my strong suit. I’m more of a lunacy with woodworking kind of guy.

I’m going to be rehousing a Fishman unit in a custom side mount, with a spec built faceplate. from the ones I’ve used they seem to do a fairly good job, but I’m in the dark on how that’s going to hang together and blend with the magpup.
    I think I might run a full wiring test on bench to see how (if) it will all function, before committing to carving up the side of my Reso body. If the preamp and piezo does overrun the mag, then at least I can fit the added volume control and drill a new location for a mini switch for the pups whilst I’m busy carving the body to bits.

edit: okay, TipRingSleeve, TipSleeve gotcha. Run the power to that to enact an on/off via the TS standard jack to make the circuit. With you now. On that bit at least.
    definitely going to have to do some bench testing for this, if it doesn’t work, I will just use the same circuit Corksniffer has wired.
    Last edited by FrankenWashie; 21-05-2018 at 07:56 PM.
    FrankenLab
    Hand crafting guitars, because Death Rays are expensive.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy40 View Post
    Wish I had a laser too.....
    Attachment 26060
    Sorry but had to send this from wish....

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	_IMG_000000_000000.jpg 
Views:	185 
Size:	293.3 KB 
ID:	26581
    Fender electric Fat Strat mim. (Bought)
    Maton Electric Acoustic EM325C
    Pitbull Guitars ST-1 ( finished) http://www.buildyourownguitar.com.au...ead.php?t=5970
    Pitbull Guitars SG-2 ( Finished) http://www.buildyourownguitar.com.au...ead.php?t=6124

Pitbull Guitars JM-1 (Finished. 2018 June GOTM))http://www.buildyourownguitar.com.au...ead.php?t=7150
    Pitbull Guitars TL-1 (In production) [url]https://www.buildyourownguitar.com.au/forum/showthread.php?t=8676

Watching the developments with more than normal interest
    No project is ever truly finished

Quote Originally Posted by cork sniffer View Post
    No project is ever truly finished
    Well none of mine at any rate😂😂😂😂
    bloody Igor....
    FrankenLab

So we have been distracted by nude strats and other projects for her indoors, the Reso has been relegated.
    I’m satisfied that with the electrical plan, ow I just have to figure out how to get it all in the bloody guitar.

We started out with this guy:

But obviously he is never going to fit where required; right about here:

So we have FrankenHacked him into his seperate parts:

This will mean I can build a custom cover for all the electrical bits that will fit into the side of the guitar body, sacrificing only a small margin of each of the front and rear binding, about 1/8” each side.

Part of me wants to try and make something in stainless or brass that can be polished up, but for now I am attempting this in some Ebony scraps.

The apertures for the tuner lights are proving challenging. They are only 1.4mm wide and the inner border is only 0.95mm but I think I can get there using a drill press and a very small drill bit (3/64” or similar).

We shall see how we go.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
    FrankenLab

Oooh, neat idea - I quite like the ebony
    #001 (LP-1S) [finished - co-runner up Nov 2018 GOTM]
    #002 (WL-1)
    #003 (MPL Megacaster - semi scratch build) [finished]
    #004 (ST-1 JR - Arachnoid Superhero build) [finished]
    #005 (LP jr)
    #006 (TL-1A)

Junk shop acoustic refurbs (various)
    'The TGS Special'

Quote Originally Posted by JohnH View Post
    Oooh, neat idea - I quite like the ebony
    That was my thought too John, and I can sand it to the very subtle curve in that section of the guitar body, it is just the tuner indicators causing me grief. I may simplify those with simple through holes and separate dot lenses for each, or add some more relief behind them and fire some casting acrylic into it to form a seamless lens with the face that will polish up nicely.
    FrankenLab

Is there any way you could cut out the tuner light section from the Fishman fascia and glue it into a simple round hole in the ebony?

Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast