Thread: Did not receive pick guard or electric soldering. Explorer kit.

Did not receive pick guard or electric soldering. Explorer kit.

My "Title" says it all. Is there a reason Explorer kits don;t get pick guards or electric soldering kits like the instruction manual says?

Thanks!

Jesse

The EX kit explorers don't come with a pickguard, it's a slightly different control arrangement to a real Explorer, so there's no selector switch on the lower horn. If there was, it would need a pickguard to cover up the routing required for the switch and cable channel.

I know it says it on the EX7 kits, (and I've just made Adam, the PBG boss, aware that this is a mistake), but it doesn't on the 6-string EX kits. Presumably you've got a 7 string.

Note that a standard replacement pickguard for an Explorer will have a hole where the selector switch normally goes, so if you do want to fit a pickguard, you'll either have to live with a hole in the pickguard, fill it with something decorative, or rout your own cavities and fit the selector switch there (a few people have done this).

There should be a length of solder supplied as part of the general kit equipment supplied. It's normally in the plastic pocket containing the truss rod cover. But there is no soldering iron.