Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Custom Tele build scheduled for this year.

I just checked eBay and there's just over 11 hours to go on the sale of those Butterscotch Blonde Tele bodies on eBay, I've got another 6 hours to wait till I can buy one, so there's a good chance I'll be lucky enough to get one otherwise I'll have to go looking for an alternative.

@ Andy40 I guess I could do that as an alternative but Darwin's weather isn't very conducive to building guitars and I reckon that's why I had problems with the Coollangatta Gold Dingotone I used on the Gold Strat, I never did quite get the finish on it the way I wanted, still having issues with the gold paint I used.
    Last edited by DrNomis_44; 12-02-2018 at 05:49 PM.

I was lucky, had plenty of time left on the sale to buy one of those Butterscotch Blonde Tele bodies on eBay, so it's all good now, just need to wait till it arrives in the post.

3. Liked by: JohnH

Good news, doc. Look forward to seeing pics!
    #001 (LP-1S) [finished - co-runner up Nov 2018 GOTM]
    #002 (WL-1)
    #003 (MPL Megacaster - semi scratch build) [finished]
    #004 (ST-1 JR - Arachnoid Superhero build) [finished]
    #005 (LP jr)
    #006 (TL-1A)

Junk shop acoustic refurbs (various)
    'The TGS Special'

Cheers, I did some browsing on the Realtone Music website and I've decided on which pickups are going in the custom Tele, I'm going with a set of these Tonerider Hot Classics which are Alnico III pickups:

https://www.realparts.com.au/tonerid...assic-set.html

And the scratchplate is going to be one of these Tortoiseshell 8-screw types:

https://www.realparts.com.au/allpart...ell-3-ply.html

Of course, I'm going to be going with a set of chrome Ernie Ball strap-locks as well.

Question for the forum moderators:

Is it going to be okay for me to start a build diary of my custom Tele in the build diary section once I've got all the necessary bits and pieces together?, I know that it's not a proper Pitbull Guitars kit, but, I thought that it would be good to document the build process in case there are other members considering doing something similar, Darwin's weather isn't really conducive to building guitars so since the body has been pre-finished already that's going to save me a lot of time and trouble, all I have to do is drill any necessary mounting holes and then fit all the parts together and etc.
    Last edited by DrNomis_44; 13-02-2018 at 10:41 AM.

Nice Doc. I have a Hot Classic in the neck of my Tele. Sounds great.

Overlord of Music Sonic Mountain's Avatar
    You could just start a diary in the non pitbull gear section. That's where I have my Washburn/Hondo threads. I don't know about everyone else but I just sort by 'new posts' when I come on the site, so it's easy to follow along that way. I dig the pick guard. I'm going to have to start looking at hardware and electrics for my Ultracaster before too long.

I do the same as Sonic, so it doesn't matter for me much where the thread is situated in the forum - I'll still see it. The non-pitbull gear section seems a safe bet
    #001 (LP-1S) [finished - co-runner up Nov 2018 GOTM]
    #002 (WL-1)
    #003 (MPL Megacaster - semi scratch build) [finished]
    #004 (ST-1 JR - Arachnoid Superhero build) [finished]
    #005 (LP jr)
    #006 (TL-1A)

Junk shop acoustic refurbs (various)
    'The TGS Special'

You’d have to post it here Doc, I’d suspect the admins would reroute it to the non Pitbull gear section anyhoo.
    FrankenLab
    Hand crafting guitars, because Death Rays are expensive.

Quote Originally Posted by FrankenWashie View Post
    You’d have to post it here Doc, I’d suspect the admins would reroute it to the non Pitbull gear section anyhoo.

No worries then, I'm already itching to start work on building it, but I need to get all the parts together first though.

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast