Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Custom Tele build scheduled for this year.

Not too many images to choose from when asking Mr Google... but I did find these three ...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ppdone13.jpg 
Views:	119 
Size:	56.8 KB 
ID:	24640   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	C56_IMG_0405__42527.1403552809.380.500.jpg 
Views:	142 
Size:	71.5 KB 
ID:	24639   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	88ea0a885146d9ff496d3e95d7bb56e2.jpg 
Views:	119 
Size:	189.3 KB 
ID:	24641  

So it looks like I should go with a white scratchplate then.

Seems so...

The 2nd photo is a miniature model replica... pretty good effort...

The road case photo is what you're after Doc... 21 frets and all...

Quote Originally Posted by Marcel View Post
    Seems so...

The 2nd photo is a miniature model replica... pretty good effort...

The road case photo is what you're after Doc... 21 frets and all...

It's probably not going to make much difference, but the neck I'm planning on using is an all maple one with 22 frets on it, it does have an overhang that accommodates the 22nd fret, so that's not going to cause issues when it comes to setting the 12th fret intonation for each string, that's assuming that I get the bridge in the correct position.

I may need to sand the sides of the neck heel so it fits in the neck pocket of the body.
    Last edited by DrNomis_44; 05-02-2018 at 09:53 PM.

Before I got my first PBG kit I got a Tele kit off an Ebay seller which I finished in a rainbowish burst. It has a all Maple neck and surprisingly an Alder body. It is my only all Maple neck guitar, all the other guitars are Rosewood fretboards, and recently over the past few weeks and for some odd reason I've found myself browsing anything that has and all Maple neck...

That aside, What body material are you going for in this Tele Doc ? Ash or Pine or Alder or something else ???

Quote Originally Posted by Marcel View Post
    Before I got my first PBG kit I got a Tele kit off an Ebay seller which I finished in a rainbowish burst. It has a all Maple neck and surprisingly an Alder body. It is my only all Maple neck guitar, all the other guitars are Rosewood fretboards, and recently over the past few weeks and for some odd reason I've found myself browsing anything that has and all Maple neck...

That aside, What body material are you going for in this Tele Doc ? Ash or Pine or Alder or something else ???

From reading what it said in the description on eBay, it's an Alder body that's been pre-finished in what looks to me as translucent Butterscotch Blonde, I really like the colour, but, apparently there's a limited number of them available (15) and there's 199 people watching it, so, if it ends up being sold out I may need to look for an alternative, I'm practically broke at the moment and need to wait till next Tuesday before I can go ahead and buy one, hopefully there's still some available by then.
    Last edited by DrNomis_44; 06-02-2018 at 07:51 AM.

I some how doubt it's the kit from ALS on the Gold Coast with AllParts USA and Gotoh parts as the numbers available don't match, and a search on "Telecaster kit" only brings up the usual suspects...

Any hint at the one you are looking at?

Quote Originally Posted by DrNomis_44 View Post
    From reading what it said in the description on eBay, it's an Alder body that's been pre-finished in what looks to me as translucent Butterscotch Blonde, I really like the colour, but, apparently there's a limited number of them available (15) and there's 199 people watching it, so, if it ends up being sold out I may need to look for an alternative, I'm practically broke at the moment and need to wait till next Tuesday before I can go ahead and buy one, hopefully there's still some available by then.
    Hey Doc,
    why dont you grab an unfinished body and use Butterscotch Dingotone. I must say it gave a pretty awesome butterscotch finish on my tele.
    Build #1 - ST-1 - Completed
    Build #2 - LP-1SS - Completed
    Build #3 - TLA-1R - Completed
    Build #4 - SGD-612 - Completed
    Build #5 - ES-1G - Completed
    Build #6 - STA-1HT | Completed
    Build #7 - ST1JR - Completed
    Current Build #8 - JBA-4
    Build #9 - Semi-scratch build Tele x 2 - Completed
    Current Build #10 - PRS-1H
    Current Build #11 - AGJR-1 - Completed
    Current Build #12 - ATL-1SB
    Current Build #13 - GST-1
    Current Build #14 - FBM-1

There is an obvious difference between butterscotch and butterscotch blonde finishes, with the former being clear and amber tinted, and the latter with a translucent white or cream paint layer covered by the clear amber tint. If you are really after butterscotch blonde, then plain butterscotch isn't going to do it (or vice versa).

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast