Thread: RCA4 Neck and bridge

RCA4 Neck and bridge

Hey all

Can anyone answer me m 2 questions
    I need to know weather or not the neck pocket is supposed to be really tight (for set necks) or if it needs to slip in without much pressure being put to it..

And also how to set where my bridge goes.. im going to be painting it a solod colour so i need make sure all the set up and holes are in the right spot and being my first build would liike to know exactly how to set my bridge for an rca4 kit.

Tia

BB

BB - bridge placement on a bass follows the document below - the doc goes through P Basses, but all are similar - you are aiming to get the same outcome.

http://www.buildyourownguitar.com.au...ead.php?t=3048

As for neck in the pocket - tight is good - really tight is better - loose is not. If you're neck is sloppy in the pocket, some will choose to add a layer of veneer or something thin to tighten it up a little more. Let the forum know if that's the case and someone can hopefully step you through the process.

Thanks Brendan
    The neck pocket is tight so it will be a nice snug fit. The rca also has a neck humbucker pickup... when the pickup came out of the kit it was a black plate holding the silver p/u with two screws and springs...once im ready to install the p/u proper do i seperate both the black plate and p/u so that the pick gaurd can sit on (so the black plate sits on top of the pick gaurd installed before the pick gaurd goes on to the body)?