Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Break-in at PBG HQ

Break-in at PBG HQ

Looks like Simon beat me to it, but...

We had our first break-in, two nights in a row, on Sunday and Monday. Seems the first was a reccie and on the Monday night they came back and brought two Utes to load up on our goods.

We are well covered, insurance wise, but it is a major inconvenience and annoyance. Phil W and I now have to spend the whole weekend stocktaking so we can inform the Police and Insurance Company exactly what is missing.

What we know is missing:

All our 5 Watt Vale amps, except 3 (they clearly couldn't fit those 3 in the Ute)
    About 15-20 finished Guitars (PBG-X1, TLG-2, PBG-6M and some of the EXG-7 7 strings)
    Babicz hardware (some)
    Tonerider, Entwistle, and Benson pickups (some)
    Lots of loose Chinese Parts and Hardware (various)
    All of the GPR kits (we think they checked the site first and made a shopping list... and these kits do look good)
    Strings, strings and more strings (Ernie Ball)
    Our Table Tennis Table (Bastards!)
    Our coffee pods, mop bucket and kitchen sponges (not making this up)
    and a lot more (we are yet to discover... it's a 200m2 warehouse)

As Simon has said, the Police already have one of the guys, but he only had a small percentage of the goods in his possession. He won't give up the other guy... yet. The cops were looking at him for something else and just so happened to be waiting for him at his house when he rolled up with a Ute full of our products.

Anyway, we've had a lot of supportive messages, for which we are very grateful and humbled. Please know this is not a major setback for us, as our other kits and upgrades are untouched and the perps were courteous enough that they didn't trash the joint.

We do ask all of our Aus members to keep an eye out for any PBG Branded finished guitars that show up in your browsing (online or real world). The Amps should be very obvious as we hadn't started to promote them and only sold 5 from the 30 we received from the first order. If they show up, they won't have PabloPeppers badges on them, as we put those on as we sell them (and test the amp).

If you see anything, let me know.

Thank you.
    Cheers,

Adam

adamboyle(at)pitbullguitars.com

Sorry to hear. Hope the other mongrel(s) get caught up to
    Build 1: FS-1 Complete http://www.buildyourownguitar.com.au...ead.php?t=7754

Build 2: RCA-4 Complete http://www.buildyourownguitar.com.au...ead.php?t=8091

Gear: Fender Strat MIM 2017 (Gilmour baby!), Maton MS500, Fender Telecaster CIJ 1983 (70's Strat neck and heavily modded), Pitbull "Flinty Yeah-Nahcaster" FS-1, Pitbull "Chickenf*cker" RCA-4, Seagull S6 Cedar-top, Blackstar HT-60 Stage MkI, Line-6 Helix FX, Hartke HD50

Sorry to hear about this! I hope they catch the guys who did it. They should. These guys sound like idiots. Unless Aus and the US are very different... Personally I'd have no idea where to fence a kitchen sponge.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

Heart-breaking and rage inducing, we'll keep our eyes out. Adam, if there is anything else we can do just ask.

Perth forum members: be alert for caffeinated table tennis players with a perchant for cleaning... they may be persons of interest.
    Scott.

All the best Adam, it tough, been there with the house. Hope the Insurance company play nice, ours did.
    #1 LP1-SS
    #2 Non PB Vintage Strat Rebuild
    #3 TL1 - Custom
    #4 ES-12G (now converted to ES-1)
    #5 RC4
    #6 STA-1HT
    #7 Non PB 52 Tele replica
    #8 Coming Soon: 1970's Japanese Les Paul Special Resto.

It may be that your whole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

They stole the freaking coffee!!?? BAD WORDS AT HIGH VOLUME, MANY, MANY BAD WORDS!
    FrankenLab
    Hand crafting guitars, because Death Rays are expensive.

What I can't fathom is why would someone go to the trouble of stealing coffee, or kitchen sponges?, the logic of it defies me, hope they do get caught, whoever they are.

Absolutely sh1t news, I too hope the rest of the bottom feeders are caught quickly and sentenced to 20 years of non stop Barry Manilow.

The sponges may well have been used for packing protection and the coffee may have been some of Craig Simon's special roast.

Google Craig, he is a barista champion and also bashed the skins for quite a few years in the James Morrison band and his own jazz trio

Craig's blends are sold by Aldi but they no longer feature him in the branding and he's now starting to roast his own brand

Mongrels! Absolute Mongrels!

Hopefully they get the other bloke as well.

Overlord of Music Sonic Mountain's Avatar
    I can only echo others, this is really awful. I'm glad you are insured and it sounds like the guy they nabbed isn't the sharpest tool in the shed, so hopefully you get to recover most of it. So many s****y people around. Very disappointing.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast