Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: A Strat project too far...

Quick mock up. I was going out to sand and lay on more clear coats but I really like it as it is.
    I’ll include a photo with the white pick guard to show it doesn’t look right with the colour.
    I’m contemplating black pickup covers and knobs. Not sure yet. I’ll finish it up then decide.

I still need to sand the edges of the headstock to remove excess dye that seeped through

Thanks for checking it out.

Robbo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A Strat project too far...

So I’m in a quandary with the neck colour. I was thinking either just a clear oil like dr ducks ax wax or a vintage amber bit I’m not sure either of those will look right. Do I go with a lighter version of the colour I have on the guitar or any other options / opinions?

Thanks

Overlord of Music
    Looking good. I like the white pickup cover and knobs with the black guard, gives it a Gilmore vibe.
    'As long as there's, you know, sex and drugs, I can do without the rock and roll.'

Thanks Pablo, the more I look at it the more I like the white against the darker colours.

Maybe an amber tint to set off the gold hardware?

Yeah I think I’ll go with the amber. It should work out pretty good. I got it all buttoned up but this one needs a fair bit off mucking around with the setup. It does not play well, which is cool as it forces me to learn a little bit more every day. I’m very happy with the look of it, the photos don’t really do it justice. I’ll probably give the neck the amber treatment tomorrow and post some more pics.

And a pic of my three Pitbull guitar builds...

Robbo

Overlord of Music Sonic Mountain's Avatar
    Nice work. The gold really does work against shades of purple. It's not really my go to hardware, but I keep seeing guitars that look great with it.

Finish is pretty cool as is, its very even so look's intentional.
    Build 1 - Shoegazer MK1 JMA-1
    Build 2 - The Relliecaster TL-1
    Build 3 - The Black Cherry SG AG-1
    Build 4 - The Sonicaster TL-1ish
    Build 5 - The Steampunker Bass YB-4
    Build 6 - The Howling Gowing ST-1

"What I lack in talent I make up for with enthusiasm"

Thanks. I have a back bow issue with this one. With the truss rod completely loose the neck still has a back bow. It’s pretty much unplayable up near the nut and doesn’t come good until around the 12th fret. Currently doing some research on a solution.

Looks like Pitbull guitars have a double acting truss rod which is pretty sweet...

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast