Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Thread: New parts coming for my Gibson USA LP Studio guitar.

Good to know Doc, and glad you could finally do the work on it
    #001 (LP-1S) [finished - co-runner up Nov 2018 GOTM]
    #002 (WL-1)
    #003 (MPL Megacaster - semi scratch build) [finished]
    #004 (ST-1 JR - Arachnoid Superhero build) [finished]
    #005 (LP jr)
    #006 (TL-1A)

Junk shop acoustic refurbs (various)
    'The TGS Special'

I now fit Tone Pros kit to my guitars. If nothing else, the grub screws stop the bridge and stop-tail piece falling off and damaging the finish if you ever take all your strings off at once.

Quote Originally Posted by Simon Barden View Post
    I now fit Tone Pros kit to my guitars. If nothing else, the grub screws stop the bridge and stop-tail piece falling off and damaging the finish if you ever take all your strings off at once.

It makes things so much easier and convenient, I don't know why the Tone Pros kit doesn't come fitted as standard on all Gibson guitars, maybe it's because Gibson's CEO is too much of a cheapskate.

I'll see if I can do an audio demo of the LP Studio being played through my Marshall's overdrive channel so that forum members can hear what it sounds like, I turned the master volumes on the clean and overdrive channels up to the 11 o clock position and was surprised how fat the guitar sounded.

It sounded so good that I started playing "Rock And Roll" by Led Zeppelin, it got pretty loud too.

Personally, I think the new knobs on the LP Studio seem to suit it better than the old ones, the new ones were actually for SG type guitars.
    Last edited by DrNomis_44; 01-02-2018 at 09:05 PM.

Tone Pros are now standard on a lot of Gibsons. Not the cheaper models or historic copies, but certainty Les Paul Standards and equivalents.

One thing I did notice was that after I had set the intonation for each string after fitting the new Tone Pros bridge, all the saddles ended up in positions different to the old Nashville bridge, the saddles on the Tone Pros bridge were more or less where I was expecting them to be for good intonation, on the old Nashville bridge the A string saddle would end up slightly in front of the D string saddle, but on the Tone Pros I got the typical pattern, I'll post a pic so you can see where the saddles on The Tone bridge ended up, note that the intonation for each string was set near enough to spot on as I could get them.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Tone Pros Saddles_resized.jpg 
Views:	119 
Size:	199.0 KB 
ID:	24551

That looks more like what I would expect.

I also adjusted the height of the tailpiece so that both the E strings were clear of the back edge of the bridge.
    Last edited by DrNomis_44; 01-02-2018 at 11:03 PM.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6