Thread: Custom set neck question

Custom set neck question

Hey there. I ordered a custom FV-1 kit with a set neck joint, and while I’m waiting for it to arrive, I thought of something. Seeing as how the kit typically comes with a bolt on neck, will the neck pocket angle be correctly accounted for? Or will it be up to me to get that sorted out?

Thanks!!

It should all be taken care of for you. However, it's always best to check with a trial fitting, so when it get to you, clamp the neck in place (plenty of photos of how to do this in other builds and also the PBG instructions http://www.pitbullguitars.com/wp-con...s%20Manual.pdf ) and check. If in doubt, take some photos, post them in your build diary and ask for advice.

Hopefully you should get a great kit. I think all the Vs and Firebird kits should come with set necks as standard. I know bolt-ons are a little bit easier to construct, but not by much.

3. Liked by: vh2580

Thanks for the reply!! I agree, the Vs and FBs (and RDs for that matter) should be set neck standard. The only other company I know that does set neck V kits (byo guitars here in the states) just discontinued their set neck Vs and just do bolt ons now.

The thing to remember is never panic. Even if something's wrong there's always a way to work around it (even if you don't end up with quite what you envisaged at the start). Take pictures, post them here, and somebody should know what to do.

Thanks!! This will be my first build, but seeing how helpful everyone is on the forum is certainly lessening my anxiety a bit!