Thread: Magix Samplitude ProX3 offer US$149 - only until 4th Jan 2018.

Magix Samplitude ProX3 offer US$149 - only until 14th Jan 2018.

EDIT: Extended to Jan 14th.

A lot of people over at the Sound on Sound forum I frequent have taken advantage of this great bundle offer on a full Magix Samplitude Pro X3 suite for just US$149 (RRP US$1397).

NOTE THAT IS A WINDOWS-ONLY PRODUCT. WIN 7, 8 and 10 supported.

http://www.magix.com/index.php?id=24..._sppro#c701934

This offer seems to have been prompted by Gibson's recent closure of Cakewalk (so no more Sonar). Magix have extended the offer several times (due to its popularity) but I doubt they'll keep on extending for ever. If you have it, Sonar will still work on your computer, but it won't be supported any more, so you'll never know when an O/S update will break it.

It's worth getting it for Sound Forge Pro alone (if you are after a file editing/mastering suite) but it also includes things like Melodyne Essentials (and so a route into cheaper upgrade paths for Melodyne).

So if you are on the lookout for a new DAW (especially if a Sonar owner), or would like to try something different or just to try Sound Forge or Spectral Layers, or just add the included plug-ins to your collection, it really is a bargain not to be missed.

Doh!! I've been using various iterations of Sonar for years.
    I'll have to see if there's a demo of SoundForge to see if it's a valid substitute.
    Thanks for the news Simon.

cheers, Mark.

Samplitude Pro X3 is the DAW, Sound Forge is a wave/mastering editor, in the way that for Steinberg, Cubase is the DAW and WaveLab is the wave/stereo file/mastering editor. Sound Forge (like WaveLab) has a lot of noise reduction and restoration tools which are useful if you are digitising old tape and vinyl.

Ah o.k. thanks for clearing that up.
    I've found a source for a free trial so I'll give it a shot.

cheers, Mark.