Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8

Thread: SV-1 build

Interesting that the Swedish group that took Australia by storm has decided to come together again but using the magic of computers to make us believe they are just as young as they were. Oh ABBA, yes I have some of your cd’s as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Buchanfarmer View Post
    Please, where did you buy the extra springs from? Also it shows your backing plate is routed in, did you do that or is that how it was supplied?
    Hey Farmer, there are plenty of online places you can get springs from, Australian Luthiers SUpply, eBay etc. These i got with a couple of Cheap FR knockoffs from china. 4 of them cost me about 28 bucks.
    the spring cover is routed in, I did that before I started the first attempts at painting, 2 colours and much sandpaper in the past.
    FrankenLab
    Hand crafting guitars, because Death Rays are expensive.

Now back to reality and this SV-1. Yes I have done it a bit different. The front strap holder I placed in the neck area where it joins the body. I did try about the same area as my Aria, but it did not feel right.
    So it’s like a guitar you can throw about because of the strap being on the back of the neck.
    Not that I throw guitars please, it was all about the balance of this thing.

Ok thanks for that. Boy this guitar is getting more complex than I first thought, but it is now staying in tune even with the temp changes. Oh just started a little rain about 2mm in 24 hours I thinking.

As you have all said, every guitar is a special instrument and needs special care to make it sounding good.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8