Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: SV-1 build

Hi folks,
    Thanks FrankenWashie, the pics were exactly the same as I had set out.

So the neck is screwed into position, the strings are on and now the fiddle bit getting everything just right. On the whole, the setup is just about perfect. The high E string is about 1.5mm higher than the low E which means a very small adjustment of the post screw that the bridge mounts against. One thing I did learn in my surfing was to release all pressure off the bridge, strings and springs before adjusting these screws as if you don’t do this, you tend to stuff up the knife edge.

So it’s all finished and playable. Now for the fiddle adjustments to get it perfect.

Am trying to get some pics on my camera to upload to my laptop where I can adjust the size to be able to post. Can’t workout how to do that in this iPad thing.

If you down load the Tapatalk app for your iPad, it gives you resize options for any photos you want to post. I’ve found it invaluable.
    FrankenLab
    Hand crafting guitars, because Death Rays are expensive.

Thanks for that FrankenWashie. I'll try it. by the way, i was reading a book called the bible and in Proverbs 13 v14 - "The advice of a wise man refreshes like water from a mountain spring"
    That's a way of thanking you for your advice. my measurements were exactly the same but your advice was what i needed to go ahead.
    Now for the fiddly bits like adjusting the bridge mounting screws to get the strings level across the neck.
    Then is mounting the back cover - therein is a problem.
    The routing for the trem bar goes right through the body which makes it very hard to place the back plate. The screw doesn't like going into nothing. If the routing at the back did not go right through for the trem bar, then it would be easy to fit it.

umm, tapatalk took me to strange places that was nothing to do with photo's, just chat sessions. am still looking. have photo editor but it doesn't let me resize the pics

Quote Originally Posted by Buchanfarmer View Post
    umm, tapatalk took me to strange places that was nothing to do with photo's, just chat sessions. am still looking. have photo editor but it doesn't let me resize the pics
    Really?
    strange, you download and then search for the BYOG forum and log in and it should give you all of the threads and discussions? Weird.
    FrankenLab
    Hand crafting guitars, because Death Rays are expensive.

ok. so am down loading the tapatalk with 200,000 + forums. Hmm very bad connection here still.

still nothing.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMGP2947.JPG 
Views:	156 
Size:	498.3 KB 
ID:	25693 Am hope its the pic

oh. now you can see my SV1 and my Aria that Merve Cargil built for me. The SV-1 is so white, I should have used some more stain, but it plays very well.
    The frets on the Aria are so low, but this i have not shaved off much to make it a very playable guitar.
    I've got to get a player to try it out before making many adjustments

still trying to get a pic editor that I'm happy with

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast