Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: New Stuff

Well the semi- hollows didn’t hang around too long, although I’m not surprised! Any more in the pipeline Adam?

Quote Originally Posted by Jed51 View Post
    Well the semi- hollows didn’t hang around too long, although I’m not surprised! Any more in the pipeline Adam?
    The GPR-1s should hopefully reappear fairly soon. There was a small mismatch between the electronics provided with the kit and the number of control knob holes, and some wording change required for the description.

Well my 2 new kits have arrived and well pleased as per usual... 2 days to arrive in the UK from Aus... 7 days getting customs clearance then 1 day to the local PO.....

The GS 2Z is absolutely divine, cant see any issues apart from tidying the ends of the frets, they do sit a little proud over the edge of the fretboard, but this wont be a problem... The GTL-1B is very nice, little heavier than i thought and the neck for now seems a little slack, give it a few weeks to acclimatise.... wont be starting any of them yet as I still have to start the SGM-1 yet.... like a little kid looking through the candy shop window at the moment..
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ZB1.jpg 
Views:	156 
Size:	77.0 KB 
ID:	24083   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	TL.jpg 
Views:	140 
Size:	61.9 KB 
ID:	24084  

Quote Originally Posted by chrissyinbkk View Post
    Well my 2 new kits have arrived and well pleased as per usual... 2 days to arrive in the UK from Aus... 7 days getting customs clearance then 1 day to the local PO.....

The GS 2Z is absolutely divine, cant see any issues apart from tidying the ends of the frets, they do sit a little proud over the edge of the fretboard, but this wont be a problem... The GTL-1B is very nice, little heavier than i thought and the neck for now seems a little slack, give it a few weeks to acclimatise.... wont be starting any of them yet as I still have to start the SGM-1 yet.... like a little kid looking through the candy shop window at the moment..
    So much envy, Igor is turning green...er...green-er. Nice score!
    FrankenLab
    Hand crafting guitars, because Death Rays are expensive.

Funnily enough, green is something i want to try... red i got, blue i got, yellow i got...amber i got... purple i got but need sorting yet electronically... the gs,,, thats going natural dont want to spoil that grain

Worse than pringles aren't they? Just can't stop at one........or two......or three
    Build 19 PSH-1 Kustom
    Build 18 HB-4S Kustom
    Build 17 WL-1 Kustom
    Build 16 TL-1TB Kustom
    Build 15 PBG-2-
    Build 14 FTD-1
    Build 13 RD-1 Kustom
    Build 12 DM-1S
    Build 11 MKA-2 -
    Build 10 Basic strat
    Build 9 JM Kustom
    Build 8 FV-1G
    Build 7 ES-2V
    Build 6- Community prototype
    Build 5 LP-1LQ
    Build 4 ES-5V
    Build 3 JR-1
    Build 2 GD-1
    Build 1 TLA-1

Quote Originally Posted by Simon Barden View Post
    The GPR-1s should hopefully reappear fairly soon. There was a small mismatch between the electronics provided with the kit and the number of control knob holes, and some wording change required for the description.
    Given the length of time since they disappeared can one assume that they won't actually be coming back? Not that I'm impatient, but these were on the list of kits I was considering for my next build after the disappointment of an order mix-up over Christmas.

I don't know. I do now have a GPR-1 but there have been quite a few issues with it. Not as well put together as my other Pit Bull kits. It's got a lightly arched top, so it's not really suitable for a flat-bottomed screw-on tailpiece, which means that it is probably easier to fit a TOM and stop tailpiece, but that means drilling the holes yourself. The kit really needs to come pre-drilled for them in my opinion. The kit was from a new supplier, but I don't rate them at all. The idea is good, but the execution is flawed.

That’s a bit disappointing to hear - they looked so good when Adam got the first samples. Best to look at other options I guess!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3